New controller build thread

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. Thank you @robsworld78. I was able to get the pH probe activated. I do have yet ANOTHER question. I calibrated it and on the calibration page it is reading it at 7.99 but on the graph page it’s only reading 6.66. I’ve tried recalibration and of course saving and rebooting but to no avail
Nice job. When you view the calibration page you get the raw pH value, the calibration is ignored. When you close calibration and enable pH you see a calibrated value, that's why they are different.

If you delete the pH from the pH tab the calibration data will be erased.

Do that and add it back, then you should get the same reading on graph and calibration screen until you do a calibration.

If you do two step calibration start with 7.0 buffer, once value stabilizes rinse the probe and place into buffer two. Don't close the calibration screen until you set both points. If you do point one, close the calibration, open and go directly to point two you will get unexpected results.

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job. When you view the calibration page you get the raw pH value, the calibration is ignored. When you close calibration and enable pH you see a calibrated value, that's why they are different.

If you delete the pH from the pH tab the calibration data will be erased.

Do that and add it back, then you should get the same reading on graph and calibration screen until you do a calibration.

If you do two step calibration start with 7.0 buffer, once value stabilizes rinse the probe and place into buffer two. Don't close the calibration screen until you set both points. If you do point one, close the calibration, open and go directly to point two you will get unexpected results.
I did them both. I actually read the directions . Thank you. I used 7 & 10 for the buffers

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad that went well, let me know when you are ready for more.
We will soon be adding a 59 gallon frag tank and 65 gallon FOWLR tank to the system. They will all be tied into the same filtration system which we are moving to the basement. Upgrading to a 150 gallon sump so I think I will wait to add anything else until I know what I’m going to need. I guess I could practice getting power bar outlets programmed and move my main pump and my skimmer to them and see how that goes. I have a t5 for supplemental light although I think I’m going to get more t5 fixtures and make them my primary and LED’s as supplement. Too many shadows and poor coverage with what I’ve got now (4 Noopsyche K2 Pro’s on a standard 125g)
I may think about just adding things to get used to it

robsworld78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will soon be adding a 59 gallon frag tank and 65 gallon FOWLR tank to the system. They will all be tied into the same filtration system which we are moving to the basement. Upgrading to a 150 gallon sump so I think I will wait to add anything else until I know what I’m going to need. I guess I could practice getting power bar outlets programmed and move my main pump and my skimmer to them and see how that goes. I have a t5 for supplemental light although I think I’m going to get more t5 fixtures and make them my primary and LED’s as supplement. Too many shadows and poor coverage with what I’ve got now (4 Noopsyche K2 Pro’s on a standard 125g)
I may think about just adding things to get used to it
Nice, you'll have to post some pics along the way, I've seen your main tank which looks great.

It's probably good to start playing with sensors and settings in reef-pi, I think you have an optical sensor so you can plug that directly into the small sensor extension. Then add some AC outlets and see how you can control the outlets.

Another thing you might want to do periodically is a backup. Recently Ranjib added an awesome backup feature from the frontend, if you go to configuration tab, then admin sub tab there's a button to backup the database. Do it from the computer you want the backup saved to, it will prompt you and ask where to save, you don't need to search the Pi SD card for the file.

To add AC outlets follow this page, at the bottom it shows the driver and pin number for the different ports on controller. You have drivers setup so nothing to do there, you only need to add connectors as you start using different ports. The power bar needs 8 connectors added under "outlets" connector type.

In the manual each chapter shows driver/pin number for ports, here's the page for the 3 sensor ports on extension. Note these are "inlet" connectors.

Remember after you add or edit any connectors you need to go to "admin" tab and click "reload" button, this is easy to forget.

After you add a connector you can then add things to equipment, dosing, ato and lights tab.

Let me know how it goes.

Back