New coral not opening

  • Thread starter Thread starter alfieh0
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I wouldn’t even temp acclimate a GSP..... they are super forgiving. With that said, any length of time in salinity that low is not going to be good.

What temp do you run your tank at? What is your water source? How much/often do you change water?
 
Temperature: 25°c I use RODI water, I change 20% water once a week
 
I wouldn’t even temp acclimate a GSP..... they are super forgiving. With that said, any length of time in salinity that low is not going to be good.

What temp do you run your tank at? What is your water source? How much/often do you change water?

Temperature: 25°c I use RODI water, I change 20% water once a week
 
I haven’t had a response yet.
 
I was buying aiptasia (long story) three days after it had been in my tank two tiny green star polyps emerged I feed them reef roids and now I have about twenty.
 
They are stubborn and can take a week to open up. Acclimation is important and mixing/blending water is important. They are not fans of low salinity. Thet prefer moderate water flow and salinity of 1.026. WHAT is Your Salinity level?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new