New coral turning brown

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done some research on this already but I just wanted to verify. My torch coral that I got yesterday has turned a little more brown on the tentacles and it was more green yesterday. I read that this is probably because the light is probably less powerful than the LFS’ and to give it a week or so to come back. Is this statement true?
C1A04D1B-C1F8-4AF8-B66A-FD279488DB86.jpeg

image.jpg

Bfragale

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The retracted photo: the green may be more intense because the tentacles are retracted.

Second photo looks good- green probably lighter because tentacles are more inflated.

like a balloon- when the “skin” is not inflated the color is darker, when it’s inflated it becomes more “see through” looking lighter in color.

just my thoughts.

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The retracted photo: the green may be more intense because the tentacles are retracted.

Second photo looks good- green probably lighter because tentacles are more inflated.

like a balloon- when the “skin” is not inflated the color is darker, when it’s inflated it becomes more “see through” looking lighter in color.

just my thoughts.
Completely agree. The more inflated a semi-transparent coral is, the less intense it’s coloration will be.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back