New coral turning brown

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 10, 2021
Messages
1,722
Reaction score
1,272
Location
Planet Earth
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have done some research on this already but I just wanted to verify. My torch coral that I got yesterday has turned a little more brown on the tentacles and it was more green yesterday. I read that this is probably because the light is probably less powerful than the LFS’ and to give it a week or so to come back. Is this statement true?
C1A04D1B-C1F8-4AF8-B66A-FD279488DB86.jpeg

image.jpg
 
The retracted photo: the green may be more intense because the tentacles are retracted.

Second photo looks good- green probably lighter because tentacles are more inflated.

like a balloon- when the “skin” is not inflated the color is darker, when it’s inflated it becomes more “see through” looking lighter in color.

just my thoughts.
 
The retracted photo: the green may be more intense because the tentacles are retracted.

Second photo looks good- green probably lighter because tentacles are more inflated.

like a balloon- when the “skin” is not inflated the color is darker, when it’s inflated it becomes more “see through” looking lighter in color.

just my thoughts.
Completely agree. The more inflated a semi-transparent coral is, the less intense it’s coloration will be.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new