OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just came across this thread and your setup is great. I just recently purchased dual R24 52w from SaltwaterAquarium.com, awesome service so thanks to them. I was just curious on your setup with 6 lights how do you have them connected to each other or do you use multiple bluetooth controllers to connect them? I have a new 60 breeder tank from Aqueon and saw your earlier posts about the center tank brace and looking to add 2 more to fill that area with light. Also sorry for posting this twice sorta a noob at this...lol Thanks.
We have 1 main hub and I belive either 1 or 2 of the additional small ones connected to the main hub. The only issue this way is you can't control the 52w from the 95w, but I've not had any issues with them being the same intensity.

novasive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have 1 main hub and I belive either 1 or 2 of the additional small ones connected to the main hub. The only issue this way is you can't control the 52w from the 95w, but I've not had any issues with them being the same intensity.
Also if you don’t mind what setting do you run your lights at that has given good results for comparison. Currently I’m running Daylight B100% W35% R15% G10%.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if you don’t mind what setting do you run your lights at that has given good results for comparison. Currently I’m running Daylight B100% W35% R15% G10%.
I do have some hair and bubble algae, so take this for what it's worth. I've been trying to find perfect settings also.

Morning and sunset are 50% blues only.

Daylight is 100% blue, 70% whites

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m running two sets of the 72” pros and i run 100% B, 40% W, 0 green and red. I only have gsp and two RBTAs

novasive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have some hair and bubble algae, so take this for what it's worth. I've been trying to find perfect settings also.

Morning and sunset are 50% blues only.

Daylight is 100% blue, 70% whites
Thank you for the response. As still new to keeping saltwater fish and coral. I will keep tinkering and see what works but these lights are pretty awesome compared to others.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the response. As still new to keeping saltwater fish and coral. I will keep tinkering and see what works but these lights are pretty awesome compared to others.
I was almost to the point of selling them as I couldn't get the coral pop my cheap led from Amazon gives off on the qt system. I ended up keeping them though. The blues only make the corals pop pretty dang good enough to justify keeping them.

ReefBo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was almost to the point of selling them as I couldn't get the coral pop my cheap led from Amazon gives off on the qt system. I ended up keeping them though. The blues only make the corals pop pretty dang good enough to justify keeping them.
I've got mine at:

35% blue only for sunrise
45% blue, 15% white, 5% red for daylight
35% for sunset
4 hours of 3% moonlight

I am using 2 r24 95 watts, mounted 6 inches over a 75 gallon tank. Mostly LPS and softies.
Everything is growing great.

I would suggest cutting back the red and green as that is what is encouraging your hair algae most likely. I have none of it myself.

I am going to lift the lights up a tad bit higher as I have a little shadow at the corners of the tank. Not a big deal, but a little more spread will be nicer.

novasive

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got mine at:

35% blue only for sunrise
45% blue, 15% white, 5% red for daylight
35% for sunset
4 hours of 3% moonlight

I am using 2 r24 95 watts, mounted 6 inches over a 75 gallon tank. Mostly LPS and softies.
Everything is growing great.

I would suggest cutting back the red and green as that is what is encouraging your hair algae most likely. I have none of it myself.

I am going to lift the lights up a tad bit higher as I have a little shadow at the corners of the tank. Not a big deal, but a little more spread will be nicer.
I’m running 2 r24 52w got them mounted at 9” off the surface of water and found that to be a good height to prevent hair algae and to get a bit wider light spread. Tank is only 16” tall. I do run them a bit higher blues at 80% whites 35% corals seem to be real happy. Zoas have grown amazing since switching to these lights all corals have done great. I love these lights.

Eddiebfl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I used the R24 95w for over a year and it grew DPS corals no issues. However the spread made it a challenge for me. I have the aqueon 75 gallon tank and the stupid black bar on the tank prevented me from using 3 lights. I added 2 reefbrite Lumi lite blues to help with shadowing.

Here's a video of the tank.

Attachments

• 20230920_183503.mp4
    48.4 MB
  • 20230920_183503.mp4
    48.4 MB

Eddiebfl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, if anyone is looking to buy the 95w version or upgrade from the 52watt version I have a thread open. I recently upgraded my tank and the new setup came with Radions so I no longer need these. They work great with no issues. I have 2 used at around 60% for about 1 years and I also have 1 brand new. Here's the link.

ardabaran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to control different watt R24 lights or even Orbit Marine IC lights with the same controller as long as you use the hubs (included with add-on lights).

The smaller box with the temperature probe is the "Controller".
The box with 2 light outputs and 2 power inputs, is the "Hub".

You either have a 95W rated or 52W rate controller depending on which light you bought as your main unit. You should connect the correct size (52W or 95W) light to this controller first. (You can't mix up because it physically won't fit the wrong size light to the plug)

The rest of the lights (your add-on lights) connect to hubs; hubs connect to the controller.

As long as the 95W lights are connected to the dedicated (high-power 95W) hubs and 52W lights are connected to the regular hubs; you can connect these different hubs in a daisy chain to your controller with the Micro-USB cable; to control different watt lights together.

Another tip; Bluetooth controllers and hubs for 95W lights have a little lightning bolt symbol; so you can tell them apart without looking at the part number.

For 95W R24; the controller model number is 1696 and the hub model number is 3328.
For 52W R24 and any other LOOP lights (Orbit Marine, Orbit IC) Controller number is 1695 or 1692, HUB numbers are either 3327 or 3227.

For example; let's say you have a 1695 Controller (which came with 52W light). To this controller (directly), you connect your 1st 52W light.

You have two more 95W add-on lights; you connect these to the 3328 Hub, and connect this hub with (micro-USB) to your 1695 controller. If you want more lights or add strip lights get "add-on lights" with the hubs; and connect these to the last hub in your system. You could also link a flow pump or wave pump hub to the system if you have eflux pumps.

If you have a 95W controller(1696); its the same idea; connect the 95W light to this controller; Connect your 52W to 3227 or 3327 hub and connect this to your controller. If you get one more 95W light r24, connect this to the included hub, and connect this hub to the controller of your system.

If you have an Orbit Marine IC light system and want to add a R24 light, you can just buy the add-on R24, and connect the included hub to your existing LOOP system.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back