New Current USA Orbit R24 LEDs

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are your settings for the light schedule the presets or did you come up with your own?

lancesmith1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
anyone know if these plug into the bluetoooth hub?

1620821144373.png

rockdiver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I'm also looking at these. I have the strip lights over my 30g and the Bluetooth is so easy to use I have reef breeders lights over my 120 and it's a good light but the app I don't like.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the third light hook up to the loop controller? Could you post a picture of it. I just got the 2 light version and I don't see where I would attach a third.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does the third light hook up to the loop controller? Could you post a picture of it. I just got the 2 light version and I don't see where I would attach a third.
I'll get a picture later, but mine came with a mini USB hub that connects via a small USB cable. That connects to the main hub. I was confused at first as well, but it works.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you expect these new lights to be extremely expensive? Meaning the r24 is the best bang for your buck?
Hello,

I’m not sure to be honest with you. I know the 4224 that i have were 800 a light, and I have three. The par is also almost three times at the same surface level, and go deeper depths.
But I would much rather support current usa then eco tech or aka ai which is eco tech still. I do hope they do similar ones to what I have that’s blue tooth, different colors and even more power. My tank has been great (just don’t move your tank like I had to :/ but the lights are extremely reliable.

nicholas2010e

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I now have the lights on my tank. Here is some of the information Current USA sent me.

1621086257582.png

1621086279392.png

Current USA should add the second picture to their website as it shows information that I assume a lot of people want.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm running mine at 100% everything except green which is 97% and it's visually very similar to Phoenix 14k with Ati Blu plus and true actinics.

legionofdoon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just eyeballed it to match what looked like my old light, my daughters were complaining that it was too blue. I really like the sunrise sunset effect. Also it took me awhile but you have to manually turn on the thermometer using the app it's not automatic.

JayD976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the flex arm tank mount or the stand mount on your 75? I’m contemplating upgrading to these on my 75 from the orbit marine fixture.

OP
OP
Aparker2005

Aparker2005

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have the flex arm tank mount or the stand mount on your 75? I’m contemplating upgrading to these on my 75 from the orbit marine fixture.
I have the tank mount. They fit fine on my Marineland 75, but the Aqueon 40b we have, they are just ever so slightly loose. Tightened all the way down, they're not going anywhere, but it's not a 100% snug fit on that tank.

I got the 2 light setup on our 40 now.

Have both tanks moved down to 65% blues, 30% whites for daylight.

I asked current if their presented par levels were with every channel at 100%, or lower, and what they recommend for the tanks.

I'll report back what they say.

JayD976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I have an Aqueon 75 and doesn’t look like the tank mount will fit on the frame. But I think I’m going to give it a try anyway. They are including the tank mounts for free so if I have to I can purchase the stand mount later. I’ve always used current lights going back at least 15-20yrs so I’m excited about these.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first new light that I bought was the Current Orbit Marine Loop 36-48. I thought it was the bee's knees. I got totally sucked in by the sunset / sunrise and of course the little storm shows. The light was pretty easy to install and I loved the sleek look. I was very new to all of this, so I jumped in with both feet and got the Loop Eflux wavemakers, too.
PRO - I still think that the Orbit is a sexy looking light. Those Eflux wavemakers can move a mighty amount of water.
CON - The Orbit really couldn't grow any coral on my 90 gallon DT - too weak, too deep. The controllers for the wavemakers and the light are these cheap little remotes that have terrible communication with the hub.

This is encouraging that they have moved into an actual app controlled device. If there was a way to hook my existing equipment onto the new bluetooth hub and app, I'd hold on to all of it. It might just give me a reason to set up a shallow mantis tank one day. Truly, the only negative to those wavemakers is the controller, they have enough power to move a tsunami.

Good little company. Nice to see that they are staying in the game. Thanks for the review!!

JayD976

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No offense but with the third light over the center brace that shadow would drive me nuts. Is it that noticeable in person? Also, for a softie tank do you think two lights would be adequate?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back