https://www.triton.de/en/
Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Thank's Randy. I had in mind to set up a third container for the part C and dose according to the tank needs
dose according to the alk dosed, not any other determination of tank needs since you won’t know the needs for most of those ingredients and it is not a good way to boost things that are depleting.

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Is there a good way to to convert this recipe into liters? Besides dividing everything by 3.785?

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi again Randy: checking the BRS videos I have found that they recommend using Tropic Marin part C with the BRS two part by dissolving 168 g of TM part C per gallon of water . That concentration would match the strength of the other two part components. As BRS uses the same strength in their recipe that the original Randy's two part I assume that TM part C at the aforementioned concentration may also be used with the new two part with increased pH boost.

Thanks

OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Is there a good way to to convert this recipe into liters? Besides dividing everything by 3.785?
What could be easier, except having someone do it for you? lol

https://www.omegasea.net/
OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi again Randy: checking the BRS videos I have found that they recommend using Tropic Marin part C with the BRS two part by dissolving 168 g of TM part C per gallon of water . That concentration would match the strength of the other two part components. As BRS uses the same strength in their recipe that the original Randy's two part I assume that TM part C at the aforementioned concentration may also be used with the new two part with increased pH boost.

Thanks
yes, the part C workaround is fine, just don’t add it to either part.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
How are people finding the alk part recipe impacting their dosing pumps and lines? I’m tempted to start with this because I can’t keep my alk stable enough with kalk. I was tempted to pickup a DOS or Versa to dose this with.

OP
Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
I have been using this formula for 9 months and since removing my sand there is a lot of waste on the floor. I assume this is the precipitation?
It might be, or it might be other types of detritus

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
How are people finding the alk part recipe impacting their dosing pumps and lines? I’m tempted to start with this because I can’t keep my alk stable enough with kalk. I was tempted to pickup a DOS or Versa to dose this with.
I have seen precipitation mostly in the calcium line, but I use a 2X solution. When it is about to clog the line I replace it.

https://www.triton.de/en/

Are you still ordering livestock or are you going to wait it out?

• I'm still ordering and not worried

Votes: 313 33.7%
  • I'm ordering but being cautious about delivery

Votes: 178 19.2%
  • No I am not ordering right now

Votes: 396 42.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 41 4.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors