New Favia is it doing okay?

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Because I've literally never had this style of coral and was asking if it's okay. It looks okay based on the photos I've looked at but that's all I have to go off of. Lol. Just because I'm asking about it doesn't mean I think it's distressed or dying. I'm not in panic mode or anything.
I think that with the age of your tank and dry rock, that it is only a matter of time. And please don't ever panic (unless water is hitting the floor).

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only a matter of time before what sorry?
Sorry to be cryptic and perhaps less positive. You are at the very beginning of your reef journey. There will be setbacks. Losses, algae, bad hitchhikers etc. I guess I just don't want to say that, "everything is gonna be ok."

It is a challenging hobby, but very rewarding. Stay with it, but expect that things will not always go well.

Check my build thread to see my story. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, but worth every minute, and maybe every dollar...

OP
OP
Norcoreefer

Norcoreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to be cryptic and perhaps less positive. You are at the very beginning of your reef journey. There will be setbacks. Losses, algae, bad hitchhikers etc. I guess I just don't want to say that, "everything is gonna be ok."

It is a challenging hobby, but very rewarding. Stay with it, but expect that things will not always go well.

Check my build thread to see my story. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, but worth every minute, and maybe every dollar...
You have to realize, this isn't my first tank. I've have had a 55 gal and went through it all do not worry. I'm not new to salt my friend. I've definitely jumped into more fancy coral yes but that's the only thing that is new. Along with some set ups as I've been out of the salt game for 10 years and only got back in with this tank.

jabberwock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to realize, this isn't my first tank. I've have a 55 gal and went through it all do not worry. I'm not new to salt my friend. I've definitely jumped into more fancy coral yes but that's the only thing that is new. Along with some set ups as I've been out of the salt game for 10 years and only got back in with this tank.
Well then, you have more salt experience than I do. I am sure you will do fine! Best of luck.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 20 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 11 26.8%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back