New Favia is it doing okay?

Because I've literally never had this style of coral and was asking if it's okay. It looks okay based on the photos I've looked at but that's all I have to go off of. Lol. Just because I'm asking about it doesn't mean I think it's distressed or dying. I'm not in panic mode or anything.
I think that with the age of your tank and dry rock, that it is only a matter of time. And please don't ever panic (unless water is hitting the floor).
 
I think that with the age of your tank and dry rock, that it is only a matter of time. And please don't ever panic (unless water is hitting the floor).
Only a matter of time before what sorry?
 
Only a matter of time before what sorry?
Sorry to be cryptic and perhaps less positive. You are at the very beginning of your reef journey. There will be setbacks. Losses, algae, bad hitchhikers etc. I guess I just don't want to say that, "everything is gonna be ok."

It is a challenging hobby, but very rewarding. Stay with it, but expect that things will not always go well.

Check my build thread to see my story. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, but worth every minute, and maybe every dollar...
 
Sorry to be cryptic and perhaps less positive. You are at the very beginning of your reef journey. There will be setbacks. Losses, algae, bad hitchhikers etc. I guess I just don't want to say that, "everything is gonna be ok."

It is a challenging hobby, but very rewarding. Stay with it, but expect that things will not always go well.

Check my build thread to see my story. It has been a bit of a roller coaster, but worth every minute, and maybe every dollar...
You have to realize, this isn't my first tank. I've have had a 55 gal and went through it all do not worry. I'm not new to salt my friend. I've definitely jumped into more fancy coral yes but that's the only thing that is new. Along with some set ups as I've been out of the salt game for 10 years and only got back in with this tank.
 
You have to realize, this isn't my first tank. I've have a 55 gal and went through it all do not worry. I'm not new to salt my friend. I've definitely jumped into more fancy coral yes but that's the only thing that is new. Along with some set ups as I've been out of the salt game for 10 years and only got back in with this tank.
Well then, you have more salt experience than I do. I am sure you will do fine! Best of luck.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new