New Flasher Wrasse Issues, Suggestions Wanted

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have a new Flasher in a acclimation box with 2 other wrasses (coris and possum) from the same vendor, (Marine Collectors). They came in yesterday around noon. The flasher has not swam at all, not during the drip acclimation or in the acclimation box. He has just laid on the floor. I have a lot of wrasses, so not new to their normal playing dead skills.

The other 2 wrasses are eating and swimming, but the flasher has not eaten.

His breathing looks fine, not fast not slow. His color comes and goes. He also has his mucus web out.

What concerns me:
No swimming at all
Clamped fins
Not eating
Laying out in open not hiding in PVC

I had the crazy thought of letting it out if the acclimation box, forcing it to swim, and maybe getting out of the box will allow it to feel more comfortable?

Like to hear your suggestions.

PXL_20210922_112349986.jpg PXL_20210922_112355737.MP.jpg

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happened to him?

Dealing with similar issues with a Lubbocks in QT. Slow, swims around a bit, hides a lot, and doesn’t eat. Other fish in QT with him are eating and no aggression. Wondering if I should get him out of QT and just put him in the display in a more natural environment… don’t feel like losing one in QT.

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine looked like thst after I accidentally fell asleep drip acclimating him, so I rushed to get him in the tank with an air bubble and he seemed a lot better. He looks really stressed, my mccoskers was like that.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth I got two flashers at once, a Mcosker and a linespot.

The Mcosker went to hiding right away and was out and eating in 3 hours.

The Linespot literally rag-dolled to the bottom of the tank behind a rock, my fairy wrasse flashed at him and bumped him, he just flopped over, fortunately the fairy lost interest.

I gave up and went to bed, expecting a dead fish in the morning. Lights on and he's the boss of the tank and eating like mad.

So I don't know, mine were "Quarantined" by Divers Den, so risk of velvet and flukes was very low, but a "fresh" one would have me worried about transmitting parasites in DT.

OP
OP
RMS18

RMS18

I keep water chemistry as my hobby
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He died the next day. I think there was a shipping injury. I have had 3 flashers in the past in and never had that fish or any other not swim for a second in the bucket or acclimation box.

Unfortunately Marine Collectors has ghosted me all week, strange and unusual for them. We shall see.

Wyvern

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He died the next day. I think there was a shipping injury. I have had 3 flashers in the past in and never had that fish or any other not swim for a second in the bucket or acclimation box.

Unfortunately Marine Collectors has ghosted me all week, strange and unusual for them. We shall see.
That kind of service is becoming the norm.

Sorry you lost him.

Back