New from GHL: Mitras Lightbar 2 + Pre-Order Offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
e8d60df3-9033-486e-9ec0-a302b6b285c8.png

New from GHL
The next generation of the GHL Mitras Lightbar has arrived. Our original design proved to be an effective way to provide aquariums with powerful, energy efficient illumination. Better yet, it was and still is one of the brightest LED lights on the market. We applied these traits and added new characteristics to make an even more powerful product. We present you, the GHL Mitras Lightbar 2.

588f7575-1803-466c-8cbf-e00f3a4412b8.png
Mitras Lightbar 2 - Features
Updated LEDs
Specially selected high-power LEDs from Cree® (e.g. XPG3, XPE2, XTE), OSRAM® (Oslon SSL) and the newest generation of SemiLEDs® (150 lumens/watt white LEDs) for optimal color mixing and uniform illumination.

Efficient Cooling System

Passive cooling through a single solid aluminum heatsink that runs through the length of the Lightbar 2. Heatsink features seawater resistant anodized aluminum coating in accordance with DIN 81249-1.

Built-in Temperature Protection
Microprocessor controlled automatic brightness reduction protects the Lightbar 2 from overheating. If the housing heats up beyond optimal conditions, LB2 will automatically dim to protect the LEDs and hardware, prolonging LED life.

Uniform Light Distribution
The Mitras LB2 features a translucent protective plate made of XT UV Transmitted® which guarantees optimum light yield and uniformity. This special acrylic is also used for solariums and has a very high transmission for a wide light spectrum.

Equipped with GHL Power Balancing Technology®
PBT allows the optimal use of existing power resources: The power that is saved in reduced color channels can be assigned to other color channels. Safe operation and long life of all LED channels are ensured by a complex micro controller that regulates temperatures, currents and other parameters. More information on GHL Power Balancing Technology can be found here.

Equipped with GHL Perfect Dimming Techology®
PDT allows for super smooth dimming throughout all LED channels. With over 4000 dimming levels and a dimming ratio of 3000:1 per channel (light color), you can accomplish true-to-life simulations. As each color channel changes, PDT makes it possible to create a seamless transition as lights dim or ramp up.

Waterproof
Mitras Lightbar 2 is waterproof according to IP 67 standards. Lightbar 2 is totally protected from dust and against the effect of immersion between 5.9" and 39.3".

With most other lighting fixtures, if a powered fixture is accidentally dropped into the tank, your tank inhabitants are at risk, you're at risk, and the fixture is unlikely to work again. If a Lightbar 2 is accidentally dropped into your aquarium, no problem. Simply take it out of the water, clean it up, and plug it back in!
Various Lengths and Options
Mitras Lightbar 2 is offered in 13 different lengths, making it easy to find the ideal lightbar length for your tank. Several Mitras LB 2 can be connected via a splitter to one power supply unit – this way you have less power supply units and less cables in your cabinet.

Available with 4 different LED-combinations (Daylight, Ocean Blue, Actinic, Deep Actinic).

ProfiLux Controller Compatible
Realistic lighting scenarios such as sunrise, sunset, moonlight, cloud, seasonal lighting, and thunderstorm simulations are made possible with GHL Perfect Dimming Technology®. With over 4000 dimming levels and a dimming ratio of 3000:1 per channel (light color), you can accomplish true-to-life simulations.

For more information on the Mitras Lightbar 2, please visit our website by clicking here.
Pre-Order Special
To celebrate this new release, we are offering the first 500 customers a 15% discount!

Mitras Lightbar 2 Pre-Order Details

• Pre-Order a Mitras Lightbar 2 and receive a 15% discount
    • Enter coupon code: lb2preorder
    • Offer limited to the first 500 customers
    • Offer valid when purchased through an authorized GHL dealer or direct from GHL USA
    • Promotion ends September 12, 2016
    • Discount valid only on Mitras Lightbar 2 units, excludes power supplies, and accessories
    • USA and Canada only
The first batch of Mitras Lightbar 2 units will be a large one! Units of all sizes and variations will be available, including all LB2 accessories. Shipment will arrive at our FL warehouse on September 23. Once it lands, orders will begin shipping.

For pricing please click the link below:
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/usa...as-lightbar-2/

227666fa-46fb-49aa-a14e-ba4104631a61.png

Last edited:

buckroe07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, are the prices for the lights discounted already or is there a coupon code we need to enter?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Vinny@GHLUSA

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please use coupon code: lb2preorder

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The LB2 units can certainly be used as supplemental lighting, and many of our customers use it for that purpose, however it’s the same great LEDs that are present in the Mitras LX units, just without the “brains” - the Light Bars are meant to be used with a controller, either ProfiLux 3/4/Mini etc

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's very interesting indeed, thanks.

I do like the long form factor, and the price. But most importantly perhaps is something I didn't notice before just now when I went to check on these. I have a canopy over my tank and I see on the Mitras page that they are not supposed to be used in closed canopies? And the hight would be closer than recommended as well.

But what I do like is the full spectrum... So what combination of light bars would I need to use to match that?

Is there any functionality that I'd be missing from the Mitras (assuming I have the ProfiLux and lightbars together)?

How does the simu-stick fit into this?

Cheers, Tony

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mitras LX are a full controlled fixture, can be used as Standalone, or slave to a stand-alone or ProfiLux. As such they contain more electronics... so we recommend/request that there is ample room to breath and vent, and not splash.

The lightbars aren’t water tight(submerge and run) - but splash resistant. And with the lesser electronics onboard as they are driven off a controller, they can be sat right on top of the tank... obviously the less splash the better!!

We have customers that keep the Mitras in canopies, if you do I would highly recommend adding fans to exhaust the HOT and HUMID air.
The splash zone issue is one you’ll have to combat with any fixture though...

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Mitras LX are a full controlled fixture, can be used as Standalone, or slave to a stand-alone or ProfiLux. As such they contain more electronics... so we recommend/request that there is ample room to breath and vent, and not splash.

The lightbars aren’t water tight(submerge and run) - but splash resistant. And with the lesser electronics onboard as they are driven off a controller, they can be sat right on top of the tank... obviously the less splash the better!!

We have customers that keep the Mitras in canopies, if you do I would highly recommend adding fans to exhaust the HOT and HUMID air.
The splash zone issue is one you’ll have to combat with any fixture though...
Gotcha. Seeing as I definitely want to get a profilux anyway the lightbars might be better for me anyway

So what combination of light bars would match the spectrum of the Mitras?

I see there are two different splitters in the store. Does one let you control them as individual channels and one is just a straight power splitter?

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha. Seeing as I definitely want to get a profilux anyway the lightbars might be better for me anyway

So what combination of light bars would match the spectrum of the Mitras?

I see there are two different splitters in the store. Does one let you control them as individual channels and one is just a straight power splitter?
Put another way, what Light Bars would I need to light a 5ft 120g mixed reef tank.
Only a bit of SPS is plan, mostly soft corals and LPS.
Don't mind a bit less light at the ends.
Looking for nice broad spectrum.

Cheers, Tony

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony -
I'd look at the 150cm LB2's if your tank is 5ft. How deep(front to back) ?

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tony -
I'd look at the 150cm LB2's if your tank is 5ft. How deep(front to back) ?

18"

It's a 120 high, so 60x18x26. About 24" from the sand to the top of the water. Like I say, not looking to max out on Par.

I assume that I need more than one LB2 though? If so, should I get two of the same or two different ones for a wider spectrum?

Cheers, Tony

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Marco, this actually seems interesting to me. I use (and love!) T5 and have been looking at options that could replace the T5s without any of the factors that I hate in LEDs: coverage (shadows and hotspots) and the nausea inducing multiple caustic lines.

I did look at the LX7s but for my tank and to achieve the wide coverage I like I would need at least 4, which is very expensive. So my questions on these would be:

1 - Since the larger model is only 160cm long, is there a way to join together 2 100cm long units? Like you have for the T5 lightbars?
2 - Given the 55cm width of my tank would you say I would use 4 or 5 units side by side?
3 - Finally, assuming I could attach two 100cm units together length wise and use 4 pairs side by side (basically simulating 4 200cm units side by side) I would have a total of 480w, roughly. Would you say this would be enough for an SPS dominant tank that is roughly 24inch deep?

Many thanks

Last edited:

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pictures of the bottom of the Lightbar? Would like to see how the LEDs are laid out.

Thanks

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that 12 LEDs or 24? Is each LED 1 color or multi-colored like the Kessils are?
Sorry I'm new to LED lighting and I don't know the proper terminology.

Last edited:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the plunge and placed an order for two 160cm (1x Actinic and 1x Deep Actinic).

I love my Orphek slimelines but I need to be able to dim them and figured this is very close to what I am using now, and get the benefit of using the P4 to control them a win win.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back