New from GHL: Mitras Lightbar 2 + Pre-Order Offer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have one of me switching but I recently had knee surgery so I had to stop posting the switch over but will be picking it back up soon now that I can crutch around.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/

I plan to place the KHD and maxi updates in that thread along with the doser now that I am dosing triton.

I see my maxi have shipped whooohoo.

EdsReefOdyssey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually have one of me switching but I recently had knee surgery so I had to stop posting the switch over but will be picking it back up soon now that I can crutch around.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/switching-controllers.316106/

I plan to place the KHD and maxi updates in that thread along with the doser now that I am dosing triton.

I see my maxi have shipped whooohoo.

That's the EVIL thread that talked me out of buying an Apex. ;) I'll be watching for GHL updates.

Let us know how well the different color LEDs on the Lightbar blend with each other.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the LightBar 2 Arrived on Tuesday!!

Quick Screen shot, I am going to do a quick video of them, but wanted to let people know I did get mine.

First Impression:
Very Well Built!!
Easy to configure (I did come across an issue that has been reported to Geremy about the light Channels, thank you @Vinny@GHLUSA for helping me)
Light Distribution Very good.

I purchased the 160cm 5ft versions (Deep Antic and Antic Version)
Lightbar1.JPG

8 Led's in each module every 4 inches, looks easy to repair as they are all daisy chained together!!
Lightbar2.JPG

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both the LightBar 2 Arrived on Tuesday!!

Quick Screen shot, I am going to do a quick video of them, but wanted to let people know I did get mine.

First Impression:
Very Well Built!!
Easy to configure (I did come across an issue that has been reported to Geremy about the light Channels, thank you @Vinny@GHLUSA for helping me)
Light Distribution Very good.

I purchased the 160cm 5ft versions (Deep Antic and Antic Version)
Lightbar1.JPG

8 Led's in each module every 4 inches, looks easy to repair as they are all daisy chained together!!
Lightbar2.JPG
How are you liking the lights?

I see on your new build you're getting the simusticks as well?

Cheers, Tony

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - I like the lightbars very much. It did take me a little while to dial them in the way I wanted them to be only because learning how they work. The acclimation settings on the lightbars are great. I also like how the light dispersed across the entire tank is even with no hot spots.

The simulation sticks are not required but match the other tank config which I am using just for moonlight to save led hours on the lightbar2. I admit overkill.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 184 72.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back