New from Michigan

Fishhead Junkie

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone. Was told about your site from a fellow reefer on Michiganreefers.com. As my title says, I live in Michigan, have had my 29BC for about 1.5 years, and love it. Wish I could go larger, but I just could never afford it. I'll have to settle for my nano.

I've gone thru the usual horror stories:

1. Rushed the tank too quickly in the beginning, killed fish
2. Put the wrong types of fish together, all out war
3. Bought expensive corals that ended up dying on me

I think though I have finally settled down. I got tired of my old setup so I just recently broke it down, removed the fish, rock, and crushed coral and then set it back up with new Caribsea pink fiji sand, new live fiji rock, put most of the livestock back in...sold some of it along with the 30lbs of live rock I originally had in there. Turned out so much nicer and brighter with more room for all the fish and corals. Of course I have added more corals but who can resist right?

I also modded my rear chambers, took out the bioballs, replaced with rubble rock, added chaeto, scrapped off the black paint on the back of the tank and added to flourescent lights to help it grow. Broke out some of the slats in the intake chamber and slid my heater down in their to keep it out of sight, and I keep a bag of carbon and ammonia remover in my return chamber along with the Maxijet 1200 pump I used to replace the stock pump.

I am struggling a little bit with maintaining my water level with all the heat and evaporation but nothing to worry about.

I currently keep in my tank:
maroon clown(trying to get rid of)
chromis
firefish
dragon goby
yellow watchman goby
6line wrasse

then the usual inverts
coral banded shrimp
standard clean up crew
lettuce nudi(havent seen him in a while)
brittle star

well, I just wanted to introduce myself...I am going to try and add some pics to this post soon. I hate my digital camera, but I'll give it a try again.

Steve

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Steve can't wait for pics! Welcome to R2R!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Steve... welcome to R2R... pls start a thread on the Member's Tank forum so we can see your tank and some eye candies.. :)

from a fellow Michigan'eer... :D

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back