New Guy Here (NE Ohio)

jakesweep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! Long time lurker here. I haven't had a reef tank since my oldest was a baby (12 years ago). I'm just now in the planning stages of starting a new (smallish) tank. I'm lucky enough that my wife and kids are genuinely excited about it, so here we go again!

I'm also new to the area. We just moved to NE Ohio from Colorado and still trying to get a lay of the land.

Looking forward to meeting you all and participating in discussions!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!
giphy (1).gif
#WelcometoR2R

OP
OP
jakesweep

jakesweep

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all!

Fellow NE Ohio guy here in the cleveland area. Glad to see another in the area taking the plunge! Where are you located?

I'm just west of Akron in a town called Wadsworth. Got up to the LFS just north of Medina the other day. Going to check out some stores in Akron this afternoon. Any others I should check out in the Land?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Reefguy13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all!

I'm just west of Akron in a town called Wadsworth. Got up to the LFS just north of Medina the other day. Going to check out some stores in Akron this afternoon. Any others I should check out in the Land?

Nice I am in North Olmsted so not to far from Waaaaadsworth (ha). There are a couple of nice stores. One on the east side of Cleveland called Bluefish aquariums nice coral selection and another in North Canton called Ocean Rift Aquatics. The selection is not huge but it is good and the owner who works there is nice as can be and very knowledgeable. The last is Tidal Gardens which is in or around Akron somewhere but I think one of the best coral farms in all of the country. It is awesome having it so close! Check out some of the local reef club forums too like C-sea and buckeye reef club. There is some good local people who can help and usually have stuff for sale. I will have a small 20 gallon tank for sale in the next couple weeks too if your looking for something.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back