R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is
Howdy fellow Reefers!

Finally started to work on my tank!

Played around with some D-D Dry Rock and some Stax Rock (from Two Little Fishies)

I also some acrylic rods for my arch structure and used a mixture of watery glue and sand alongside Aquaforest Stonefix to put it all together.

Going to leave it for a few hours (maybe a day) and see if I am content with it. I do feel like something is missing, just not sure what?

Once I am happy I will put in Caribsea Special Grade Dry Sand.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions, heck throw in some suggestions too!
Is it enough room for the fish to swim behind all your rock work?

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is

Is it enough room for the fish to swim behind all your rock work?
Yeah there is loads of space as the rock work is centrally positioned. I might add a few small islands around the tank.

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah there is loads of space as the rock work is centrally positioned. I might add a few small islands around the tank.
You should be good to then. With space behind the rock work your fish will have a place to "sleep" and hide when guests come over (cause that's what they do lol). Scape looks nice.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be good to then. With space behind the rock work your fish will have a place to "sleep" and hide when guests come over (cause that's what they do lol). Scape looks nice.
Yeah the fish will have some privacy lol. Appreciate that though. Do you not think something is missing? If you could, would you change anything?

Part of me thinks there is no point going crazy on it as it won't be the main attraction once the tank is mature and has livestock in.

R33fDaddy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah the fish will have some privacy lol. Appreciate that though. Do you not think something is missing? If you could, would you change anything?

Part of me thinks there is no point going crazy on it as it won't be the main attraction once the tank is mature and has livestock in.
If you can take some pictures from the side that could help.

It also depends what kind of corals your going to keep. You want to make sure you have plenty of space at all three levels (bottom, middle, top) for different types of Corals.

If possible make sure all your rock work will stay underwater when doing a 10% Water change.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can take some pictures from the side that could help.

It also depends what kind of corals your going to keep. You want to make sure you have plenty of space at all three levels (bottom, middle, top) for different types of Corals.

If possible make sure all your rock work will stay underwater when doing a 10% Water change.
I will take and post some pictures tomorrow covering all views.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey all,

Recently just purchased the above tank. I am a new marine reefer coming from the freshwater world.

I have had my tank for a few weeks now. Cabinet built, sump plumbed. Will be taking my time and updating my progress here with pictures.

Still looking into options for all equipment (nothing purchased as of yet):

Lighting - currently liking the AI Hydras

Return pump - Maxspect-Jump DC10

Mechanical Filteration - Sump has 2 sock compartments but I know I won't keep up with changing socks every couple of days lol. Currently looking at the Klir DI-4 roller mat. Only issue is I can't seem to find one in the UK!

I would also like to run some sort of carbon, to ensure clear and non yellowing of the water‍.

Flow - Maxspect Gyres‍. The Vortex MP40's are not cheap! But I would be more inclined if they could tilt. So it is Gyres Vs Power heads at the moment!

Skimmer - There are way too many out there but I will most probably stay small-med (got to think about all the work the rollermat will do so no need to go big)

Rock/Substrate - Dry rock/sand most likely CaribSea.

Ideally I would like all equipment to be DC controlled. I'm about that tank automation life lol! Thinking about a Seneye-reef, but more so to use as a PAR meter upon set up and maybe an Apex.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, suggestions and opinions!

(FYI, there will be no furniture in front of the tank once I get going lol)

Mos

20210422_203429.jpg 20210422_203417.jpg
Welcome to the salty side! I didn't give up on fresh yet, but I'm working on taking one of my freshwater tanks and converting it to a second saltwater.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salty side! I didn't give up on fresh yet, but I'm working on taking one of my freshwater tanks and converting it to a second saltwater.
Do it do it do it! Haha keep us posted dude!

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
london europe GIF

WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Do you have any marine fish in mind?
It's a 75. Last time I had it set up as a reef tank I had a yellow Tang (before they were a zillion dollars), a lawnmower blenny, a pair of clowns, and a sixline.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
london europe GIF

WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Thanks man, appreciate that! I feel like BRS TV is the only thing I watch these days haha.

Will deffo check out the other links!

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a 75. Last time I had it set up as a reef tank I had a yellow Tang (before they were a zillion dollars), a lawnmower blenny, a pair of clowns, and a sixline.
Hahaha @ "a zillion dollars"

I really want a Mandarin Goby, I've done some research on them and it's going to be very interesting trying to keep that fed satisfactorily..

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hahaha @ "a zillion dollars"

I really want a Mandarin Goby, I've done some research on them and it's going to be very interesting trying to keep that fed satisfactorily..
There's some good write ups on here to try to "train" them to eat prepared/frozen foods.

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's some good write ups on here to try to "train" them to eat prepared/frozen foods.
Yeah, there really are, some guys have even created their own feeding contraptions, legends!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 130 59.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 63 28.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 77 35.3%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 38 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 63 28.9%
Back