New Guy! New Tank! Waterbox 130.4

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Recently just purchased the above tank. I am a new marine reefer coming from the freshwater world.

I have had my tank for a few weeks now. Cabinet built, sump plumbed. Will be taking my time and updating my progress here with pictures.

Still looking into options for all equipment (nothing purchased as of yet):

Lighting - currently liking the AI Hydras

Return pump - Maxspect-Jump DC10

Mechanical Filteration - Sump has 2 sock compartments but I know I won't keep up with changing socks every couple of days lol. Currently looking at the Klir DI-4 roller mat. Only issue is I can't seem to find one in the UK!

I would also like to run some sort of carbon, to ensure clear and non yellowing of the water‍.

Flow - Maxspect Gyres‍. The Vortex MP40's are not cheap! But I would be more inclined if they could tilt. So it is Gyres Vs Power heads at the moment!

Skimmer - There are way too many out there but I will most probably stay small-med (got to think about all the work the rollermat will do so no need to go big)

Rock/Substrate - Dry rock/sand most likely CaribSea.

Ideally I would like all equipment to be DC controlled. I'm about that tank automation life lol! Thinking about a Seneye-reef, but more so to use as a PAR meter upon set up and maybe an Apex.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, suggestions and opinions!

(FYI, there will be no furniture in front of the tank once I get going lol)

Mos

20210422_203429.jpg 20210422_203417.jpg

Last edited:

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Recently just purchased the above tank. I am a new marine reefer coming from the freshwater world.

I have had my tank for a few weeks now. Cabinet built, sump plumbed. Will be taking my time and updating my progress here with pictures.

Still looking into options for all equipment (nothing purchased as of yet):

Lighting - currently liking the AI Hydras

Return pump - Maxspect-Jump DC10

Mechanical Filteration - Sump has 2 sock compartments but I know I won't keep up with changing socks every couple of days lol. Currently looking at the Klir DI-4 roller mat. Only issue is I can't seem to find one in the UK!

I would also like to run some sort of carbon, to ensure clear and non yellowing of the water‍.

Flow - Maxspect Gyres‍. The Vortex MP40's are not cheap! But I would be more inclined if they could tilt. So it is Gyres Vs Power heads at the moment!

Skimmer - There are way too many out there but I will most probably stay small-med (got to think about all the work the rollermat will do so no need to go big)

Rock/Substrate - Dry rock/sand most likely CaribSea.

Ideally I would like all equipment to be DC controlled. I'm about that tank automation life lol! Thinking about a Seneye-reef, but more so to use as a PAR meter upon set up and maybe an Apex.

Please feel free to let me know your thoughts, suggestions and opinions!

(FYI, there will be no furniture in front of the tank once I get going lol)

Mos

20210422_203429.jpg 20210422_203417.jpg
Welcome!

Glad you joined! Looking forward to hearing about your successes!

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! The tank fits that spot like a glove!
Personally, I like the kessils. It's personal preference. I had AI LEDS's but I really like the shimmer and my tank is growing better - looks better.
Sounds like you are on the right track, take your time, research.
Have fun with it!! I see you are in the UK ... does that mean you are going to get a royal gramma?
Prince Harry Boom GIF

OP
OP
M

Mos

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! The tank fits that spot like a glove!
Personally, I like the kessils. It's personal preference. I had AI LEDS's but I really like the shimmer and my tank is growing better - looks better.
Sounds like you are on the right track, take your time, research.
Have fun with it!! I see you are in the UK ... does that mean you are going to get a royal gramma?
Prince Harry Boom GIF
Haha! Maybe, you'll just have to wait and see. My LFS is actually pushing me towards the Kessils. From the research I've done online, it is literally just the looks I'm not 100% on. I will however go to my (not so local) fish store and check them out as they use Kessils on all of their display tanks.

When installing the cabinet it was touch and go! I had to remove one of the skirting boards (which was straightforward) to allow it to fit perfectly. Couldn't be any happier lol.

Do you have a pic of your set up with the Kessils?

Back