New Gyre knock off

cu455

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess this warning is how they are getting around the patent issue.

Notice : CrossFlow Pump is NOT a WaveMaker ! You cannot using Normal WaveMaker compare with CrossFlow Pump. WaveMaker is create a wave on your tank in One Area (Very strong flow), but crossflow pump is generation a flow Only in your tank ! It;s will not very strong or create a wave in your tank! For Jebao RW15 Flow Gereration is more better than CP-40 on a center area! Do Not order if you not Agree on it

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, in all honesty at 140-170bux, I would just spend the extra cash on the original gyre. If they were 80-100bux then I could see these really taking off, but at that price, not so much. Average hobbiests don't want to spend that much on a powerhead/wavemaker, and the people who do will just buy the gyre. I don't see these hurting the gyre to much.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most interesting.

I'm sure there are patent infringments, and not a bit surprised if Coral Vue sends a cease and desist letter....which the Chinese will just chuckle at. Total disregard for patent law. The US Patent Office is what Chinese companys call "Product Development."

Last edited:

oldsaint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most interesting.

I'm sure there are patent infringments, and not a bit surprised if Coral Vue sents a cease and desist letter....which the Chinese will just chuckle at. Total disregard for patent law. The US Patent Office is what Chinese companys call "Product Development."

Yeah, But it's "more better"
o_O:confused:

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

redfishbluefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In all seriousness, from discussions I've had with other folks (in other words, hearsay), with Jebao knocking off Tunze, I believe their only recourse was to notify distributors that if they wished to continue selling Tunze, they could not sell Jebao.

OP
OP
ebushrow

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I really see of a difference is that its wireless....however, the other wireless things they make are not very good, at least that is what ive been told

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their wireless isn't the greatest. The RW Pumps and Wireless lose signal almost 100% of the time and never stay in sync with one another.

Angler and Eels

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the link. I got a 300 gallon last week and was going to get the maxspect gyre. I just ordered 2 of these instead. Not the WiFi ones.

Is the Jebao 40 equivalent to the gyre 130 or 150?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have removed the link to the sale of this product. We are not going to support this in any way. Thanks.

rayn

Bluefin Believer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as people continue to buy them, they will continue to make and steal designs. As a reefing community we should just not buy them.

Thanks for the link. I got a 300 gallon last week and was going to get the maxspect gyre. I just ordered 2 of these instead. Not the WiFi ones.

Or not :rolleyes:

Falk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually surprised it costs this much. Once its at or under $100 then maybe its worth the gamble.

Techbiker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, not a big thing on the difference in Money, specially, when the Gyre from CoralVue, has support and warranty for everything they sale.
Personally I wont take the risk of burning my house or everything on my tank for $40.00
I did use the Jebao's wave makers and for $60.00 I got amazing flow for 3 months, than it loose 50% of the power, a year later it burn my DA controler and almost my house, not sure if those $60.00 were really worth the hassle.
Now I have 2 Maxspect Gyres, best investment ever

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 27 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 32 16.8%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 50.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.6%
Back