New Gyre knock off

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running a 150 on my Elos for the past two years. At the beginning had a controller issue and they replaced it immediately. The power started to go down and I then for the first time looked at the maintenance videos They recommend disassembling every few months. I followed the instructions and then reinstalled it. Upon turning it on it produced a tsunami in the tank and promptly dumped water on my Apex powerbar See my earlier post re cleaning a wet power bar.
Lessons
these pumps are dang good if you maintain them!
Coralvue has excellent support.
I will continue to support those who do the R&D and builds.

jeffrey holloway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got ripped off by Jebao's Tunze powerhead knockoff. Something told me to go ahead and get the Tunze anyway. I ordered Them both from Amazon. The Jebao can barely mix salt in five gallon bucket. Going to have to sic the Donald on them copy cat Chinese! LOL

Sense of nature

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any more updates/long term reviews?
I just installed my Cp40 & T1 controller.
Even @ 120% power, it seems rather weak.
When I connect the original controller, it produces waves,Bad T1 I'm guessing
I tested the T1 on 2 different Cp40's same results on both, low on pump power output.
Any other similar problems?

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see this stopping them from being imported. I also find this fairly funny, I mean when is tunze going to collect for all the kos

Tank2379

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see this stopping them from being imported. I also find this fairly funny, I mean when is tunze going to collect for all the kos

Yeah, from reading the threads on that link . Coralvue is now able to sue company's or small business that have them imported or for sale. They are going to that far to make sure the copies don't keep coming. At least that's what I took from the reading

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, from reading the threads on that link . Coralvue is now able to sue company's or small business that have them imported or for sale. They are going to that far to make sure the copies don't keep coming. At least that's what I took from the reading

There are hundreds or more selling these, I know cv has deep pockets but.........

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazon sells the jebao cross flow. Wonder home long that will last.

SaltySPS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just like to say that I’m new to the forum (not new to reefing 20+ yrs experience) and this thread is just pathetic. I can’t believe I just read all this garbage. From a spectator POV it looked like people who could afford high end stuff bashing people who couldn’t.
This is my first post on this forum and it is out of sheer embarrassment. And if you high and mighty’s aren’t ashamed and embarrassed of yourselves... I’m embarrassed for you.
How can you judge people for what they buy, or what they can afford? So what you don’t like it. Get over your baby feelings and suck it up!
If you bout a cp because that’s what you could afford... congratulations. I hope your corals enjoy it more than what you currently run now.
If you could afford a Gyre but bought a cp hoping to save a few bucks or because you wanted to see if it works... congratulations!

Treating people like they’re inferior is only chasing people out of the hobby (or at least off this sight), and that should be the opposite of your goal.
That’s my 2 pennies

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys realize that this isn't an American vs. Chinese thing right? Maxspect and Jebao are both Chinese companies. To knock on chinese engineering and manufacturing quality is ludicrous. The quality of the manufacturing and quality assurance are all based on how much a client company is willing to invest.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%

Back