New Gyre knock off

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i would never buy a piece of equipment that was never used before. Before i took a shot at the gyre i seen some reviews on cable rot but once i seen it was addressed i went out and got one
Im a tunze man. Knock on wood, havent had one problem in 5yrs now. To each his own i reckon.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Litterally if you can talk your lfs into selling you a gyre wholesale youd only be spending 40 50 extra bucks. No reason to why someone would save the extra money on the jebao. The otherpower heads are a different story because your saving quite a few bucks

Last edited:

BrotherSheepDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's just it.. The few that are loudly defending the company that's just plain stealing from our vendors.. I'd be shocked If they had anything high end at all.
I don't understand why you have to personally attack people that choose to purchase a different piece of equipment that you don't approve of.
I am pretty neutral in this debate but that wasn't cool. Since when did we have to own high end corals in order to enjoy this hobby?

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Basically any new piece of equipment that comes out especially thats made for saltwater,after a few months something bads going to happen and the reviews will be out. Just happy what i have now, im not going to be a test dummy to ruin my tank and livestock. Its just a matter of when its going to happen. It all comes down too wether or not theyre going to have to pay for lawyers (witch kinda is a shame because coralvue is a staple in the community) to pursue their lawsuits and the reviews on the pumps because of what i kno and seen , they touchdowned in the US yesteday.

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't understand why you have to personally attack people that choose to purchase a different piece of equipment that you don't approve of.
I am pretty neutral in this debate but that wasn't cool. Since when did we have to own high end corals in order to enjoy this hobby?

Wow!!!
Another one that totally twists my words to claim I'm "attacking"

I never said you have to have high end corals did I?? I was stating that the people that would save $40 to go with the stolen pump are the people that cut corners in every aspect of the hobby!

SMH!!

Anyone else wanna play poor victim tonight?

joshkirkland83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did I miss something on this whole oil thing?
@Sabellafella took some out of the box and said they are covered in some kind of oil. He advised another member to clean it good before putting it in their tank. Which i find kinda dumb to take a brand new pump apart to make sure you clean it good enough, IF you can.

Brandon Chi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!

I never said you have to have high end corals did I?? I was stating that the people that would save $40 to go with the stolen pump are the people that cut corners in every aspect of the hobby!

SMH!!

Haha you need to go listen to your lecrea album and gain some humility. Because right now your pride is through the roof.
Your being rude to people who don't agree with you and that the truth. It's hard for a skunk to smell its own smell. It's sad that you don't even realize how rude you are being. Get a grip!

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Did I miss something on this whole oil thing?
I took it out of the box and it was wet so i thought the store used it already. I stuck it in one of there raceways to see how it was and left a really really bad oil slick at the top of the tank(oops) but thankfull nothing bad happened "yet" i hope, i took a peek at the rest of em and they all looked wet

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

And.. I don't care what equipment you buy for you dang tanks.. Another point missed!

DONT COME HERE AND BRAG ABOUT IT!! THEY STOLE THE DESIGN FROM A COMPANY THAT PAYS A TON OF MONEY TO SPONSOR THIS PAGE EVERY MONTH!!

It really is rather insulting to them... It's quite shocking how many don't really care about the future of the hobby..

Save your $40. Just don't insult the sponsor and post how awesome of a deal you got.. Because they stole it.. How would you feel if you came up with an idea and spent thousands putting it into production.. Thousands sponsoring a forum to promote it.. Then some company in China stole your idea, then went on the forum you just paid to promote.. And some jerks were on there advertising for them?

Seriously??

It's that big of an issue I think the mods should kill this thread.

BrotherSheepDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!!

SMH!!

If that's what you were implying then that's what you should have said.
People that save $40 are simply just that. People that have saved $40 dollars. Why would you assume that they are cutting corners.

If you don't agree with someone's personal choice leave it at that. Just say you disagree.

Assuming people don't have anything high end and that they cut corners because they purchased a jebao product is silly.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still not understanding how this is more of a convo than hydor vs tunze? Or maybe I've just been around to long.... I forget, or how about the led light patent yrs ago and ati paying the royalty........geez it's like all reefers are a year old now a days. This is nothing new and will continue to happen.

timkenagy

~Unashamed 116~
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If that's what you were implying then that's what you should have said.
People that save $40 are simply just that. People that have saved $40 dollars. Why would you assume that they are cutting corners.

If you don't agree with someone's personal choice leave it at that. Just say you disagree.

Assuming people don't have anything high end and that they cut corners because they purchased a jebao product is silly.

It's exactly what I said!! But people only want to read 2 posts back. I'm not repeating everything for everyone that jumps in on this thread.

BrotherSheepDog

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's exactly what I said!! But people only want to read 2 posts back. I'm not repeating everything for everyone that jumps in on this thread.
Just relax man. It's an online forum discussion. You are getting all bent out of shape. Every other sentence you type has an exclamation mark lol

jkopfishman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that was rediculous. I could picture people at their computers ready to punch the screen they were so upset.
Maybe some people want to save a few extra
bucks to pay a bill or maybe they want to buy a coral or maybe they want to buy diapers for their kid. Point is we don't know other peoples story's, we don't know why they want to save a few bucks, hell we don't even know if the knock off is better or worse. Don't knock someone for trying it cuz u don't know what tank they r trying it in. Be happy that someone is kind enough to do it and give us feed back.
Its cool to believe in something and stand up for it but stand up for something worth believing in.
I refuse to buy foreign cars im not going to get all crazy if u do. If u think buying a knockoff is going to ruin this hobby ur wrong. People have been buying knockoffs and stolen ideas and merchandise for years and this hobby is stronger than ever.
We want new members to join our forums right? Do u really think that capitalizing all ur letters in a demonstration to yell at someone or talk crap to people and disrespect people and call them names and wish their products to break is going to make people want to join? Ur right we should have a block button!
All the name calling and arguing really makes people want to join R2R I'll tell u that. Do u detect my sarcasm? I was layin it on pretty thick.

And yes I read the whole discussion turned argument from beginning to end.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back