New Hammer coral help

HypnoVoodoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this new coral last week. And it’s been like this for a few days. It has reduced and opened more but just seeing if there’s any cause for concern.
B4B8E525-3088-45DC-B197-33F22BEBDAB3.jpeg
EF852A70-2866-47D1-AC61-5DCB8ACBC7D3.jpeg

OP
OP
H

HypnoVoodoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was all fine when I brought it. Also dipped prior to placing on tank. It was closed then started to recover. It’s seems to worse now so I’ve moved it to a corner with less flow. And I have 2 clowns, a cleaner shrimp and a few snails. Which I doubt any of those would be bothering it.

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the clowns attempting to host in it? Doesn't look like it is happy there. Generally if they have tissue damage I look for areas of low flow so the damaged tissue doesn't get ripped up more. Maybe find it some shade? How much PAR is it under now?

OP
OP
H

HypnoVoodoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the clowns attempting to host in it? Doesn't look like it is happy there. Generally if they have tissue damage I look for areas of low flow so the damaged tissue doesn't get ripped up more. Maybe find it some shade? How much PAR is it under now?
Not that I know, they are more interested in the zoa collony. I have a frogspawn in similar place that’s doing fine. But I’ve moved the hammer to a corner of the tank with low flow now.
I’m not sure about the PAR. How can I tell? I have a fluval evo 13.5 with a 14k led

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back