New Hammer coral help

HypnoVoodoo

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 19, 2020
Messages
12
Reaction score
2
Location
hertfordshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got this new coral last week. And it’s been like this for a few days. It has reduced and opened more but just seeing if there’s any cause for concern.
B4B8E525-3088-45DC-B197-33F22BEBDAB3.jpeg
EF852A70-2866-47D1-AC61-5DCB8ACBC7D3.jpeg
 
Was all fine when I brought it. Also dipped prior to placing on tank. It was closed then started to recover. It’s seems to worse now so I’ve moved it to a corner with less flow. And I have 2 clowns, a cleaner shrimp and a few snails. Which I doubt any of those would be bothering it.
 
Are the clowns attempting to host in it? Doesn't look like it is happy there. Generally if they have tissue damage I look for areas of low flow so the damaged tissue doesn't get ripped up more. Maybe find it some shade? How much PAR is it under now?
 
Are the clowns attempting to host in it? Doesn't look like it is happy there. Generally if they have tissue damage I look for areas of low flow so the damaged tissue doesn't get ripped up more. Maybe find it some shade? How much PAR is it under now?
Not that I know, they are more interested in the zoa collony. I have a frogspawn in similar place that’s doing fine. But I’ve moved the hammer to a corner of the tank with low flow now.
I’m not sure about the PAR. How can I tell? I have a fluval evo 13.5 with a 14k led
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new