New here and question about tank

reef5509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have a Fluval 13.5 with a pair of clowns, lawnmower , cleaner shrimp and a fire fish plus cleanup crew and lots of coral. Want to upgrade to a 55/60 gallon tank. Couple of questions.
If I get a new 55, would it already be cycled because I have a cycled tank already? (Plus the new saltwater I put in),
Could I put my coral and fish in after I fill it up and have it running for a day or so?
also was wondering if I could use my 13.5 as a sump and what else would I need for sump?

I have a fluval mini protein skimmer, heater, 1 light, power head, and liverock.

OP
OP
R

reef5509

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, so I have a Fluval 13.5 with a pair of clowns, lawnmower , cleaner shrimp and a fire fish plus cleanup crew and lots of coral. Want to upgrade to a 55/60 gallon tank. Couple of questions.
If I get a new 55, would it already be cycled because I have a cycled tank already? (Plus the new saltwater I put in),
Could I put my coral and fish in after I fill it up and have it running for a day or so?
also was wondering if I could use my 13.5 as a sump and what else would I need for sump?

I have a fluval mini protein skimmer, heater, 1 light, power head, and liverock.
Also, in need of new light. Any suggestions? Want something cheap. I have a a029 light from Amazon, idk the name of it but it was like 70$ and it works great for my 13.5 but I doubt it will do 55 or 60

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hello. I have a new 70 gallon RedSea Reefer tank with sump that only ran for about 5 months of you are interested. Comes with all needed to get started: AI Prime LED light app ready with hard tank mount, Sicce Syncra SDC 3.0 Return pump, live reef rock, heater, wave pump, protein skimmer body and cup, and 2 boxes full of unopened supplies I never got to. Are you interested? Answering your question, never ever add any livestock to your tank before the first 3 weeks as a rule. The tank needs to cycle and go through the nitrogen cycle. The water parameters need to be stable and checked before adding anything live ie fish, coral, inverts. The rocks help cycle the tank faster, but not immediate.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 14.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 73 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back