OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! My LFS always dates the arrival of their fish and what they are eating so I never really worried about setting up a quarantine. I realized I have been pushing my luck so I set one up with my tank build.
yea my last tank i never did a qt tank but this time around i and going to QT all fis, have not figured out if i am going to QT coral but most likely at least for a bit

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks awesome, where did you the containers and stand for containers from?
i got the containers at plastic-mart.com 55 Gallon Open Top Vertical Batch Tank - (A-OP0055-23) Price Each: $138.99 and the stand i made from a standard medal warehouse shelf and cut one side down to be square.

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 1000W heaters on my tank and they are on separate circuits in the fish room. Both going on at once would definitely push a normal 15A circuit to the limit, which I'm guessing is the limit of the eb8's.
Solved my power issue...I called support and they walked me through the issue and turns out that it was my APC that was sounding the alarm, not the apex...
turns out none of the neptune products except the display have a speaker or source to make sound and i do not have a display

, ok so i am a bit green....lol

now i know and now i need to go split that power up so its not all running through 1 APC

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can add a speaker to the power bar and program it to alert when necessary.

G~
yea that is good to know, i like it with no alarms and now that i figured out (with the kind people at neptune) i will need to figure out my APC's and then go back and add the items back to the eb832's as i originally had them. funny how much you dont think of when getting back into the hobby and building from the ground up. i should write a detailed list of supplies and stuff but i assume it has been done somewhere and preferences are so vast.

i did learn last nite how to do some beginner programming on the apex with laser level eyes and alarms.....baby steps

ChrisW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build looks great, the cabinet doors look great above the tank, great idea. Are those lights Radions by any chance?

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i had a productive weekend as the wife was away and i was able to spend some quality time setting up my garage from the recent move (not done yet, but a good start) and also get my final plumbing part complete.... the UV.

Also got the 2 media reactors in their proper place, not sure how that is going to work when it comes to changing media every 2 months or so but we will try it.

I did setup the apex PAR meter and i am topping out at 145 so i think that is too low as it is near the top so i may need to increase the power and/or lower lights (at 13" now)

It went well and i tested with water but did not fire it up, not sure i need it yet ?

IMG_5304.jpg

OP
OP
scott11106

scott11106

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh yea, i cleaned up some of the wiring and tried to move some sensors away from power, this wire thing is a real test of my intelligence and i might be coming up wanting as with some wires too short and some too long and having to try and keep power away from data it is a real ordeal. oh well its still a work in progress.

some pics..
IMG_5305.jpg IMG_5306.jpg

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this wire thing is a real test of my intelligence and i might be coming up wanting as with some wires too short and some too long and having to try and keep power away from data it is a real ordeal. oh well its still a work in progress.

some pics..
IMG_5305.jpg IMG_5306.jpg
Scott, you crack me up. I think everyone feels that way but you put it so perfectly... By that I mean hilariously.

CindyKz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build thread! We are purchasing a house (closing June 13!) and the basement will eventually be finished with the tanks (180 reef and 75 FOWLR) built into the plan.

Did you have a hard time explaining to the builders what you wanted as far as building the stand into the plans? I'm concerned that when we hire a contractor they might balk at this. I don't have any idea how to build a stand strong enough to hold a 180 gal tank, much less explain it to a non-reefing contractor.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%

Back