OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah, it does. I think it looks more like a palm tree, and I love palm trees, if that thing was green, I would be on the hunt for one until the day I die, lol!!
No joke that would be crazy! Moved it away from the rock work, on one of these cool 3D printed frag holders for the sand. It’s getting a lot of flow now, if it grows up and not down it should look pretty! 100% credit for the stick creation goes to Shane from happy fish KC!
IMG_4537.jpeg

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No joke that would be crazy! Moved it away from the rock work, on one of these cool 3D printed frag holders for the sand. It’s getting a lot of flow now, if it grows up and not down it should look pretty! 100% credit for the stick creation goes to Shane from happy fish KC!
IMG_4537.jpeg

amazing burst of color there, is that an alveopora on the bottom left?

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4537.jpeg
Sweet!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I don’t know if it’s a full moon. Yesterday evening, noticed my crimson clown didn’t eat, started hanging in a top corner. Did 100% water change then, this morning breathing rapid on its side. Other clown keeps nudging to keep em upright, talked with the breeder about solutions. Not a good outlook, going to try some Prime but salinity and water are as good as it’s going to get. HOB filter, power head, air stone so I dunno. :pleading-face:
IMG_4555.jpeg

On a more positive note, tank is cycled. Making water for a large water change and will get at least one fish in their new home today!

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I don’t know if it’s a full moon. Yesterday evening, noticed my crimson clown didn’t eat, started hanging in a top corner. Did 100% water change then, this morning breathing rapid on its side. Other clown keeps nudging to keep em upright, talked with the breeder about solutions. Not a good outlook, going to try some Prime but salinity and water are as good as it’s going to get. HOB filter, power head, air stone so I dunno. :pleading-face:
IMG_4555.jpeg

On a more positive note, tank is cycled. Making water for a large water change and will get at least one fish in their new home today!
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear about your clown :( I hope he gets better soon, are you going to try any other medication(s)?

That's good that your tank is cycled! Yay! Excited to see your fish in there finally, keep us posted!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Aw man, I'm sorry to hear about your clown :( I hope he gets better soon, are you going to try any other medication(s)?

That's good that your tank is cycled! Yay! Excited to see your fish in there finally, keep us posted!
Did a 5 min fresh water dip on the off chance for flukes, prob more stressed now but a little more active. Going to hold off any meds, I’ve got a pharmacy worth of treatments but think I’ll just observe for a while and go from there. Got my power head pointed to the surface to get as much oxygenation in there as possible.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish is still alive which is great but think it’s only a matter of time, moved both so time will tell! Didn’t plan well for the frag rack I had available so this will only fit on the front lol. Going to have to get a shorter one soon. Picked 3 frags to start, only cause they were easy to pull. Coral so far is some gsp on a transfer rock, toadstool, Japanese deep water toadstool (has been closed for a long time but still alive, more of an experiment. Was amazing when it was open), and a disco! See how these respond for a few days and go from there! Rock is a work in progress, waiting to put a few more corals in before making any decisions. Just from the water change this ocean direct sand is super dusty still and kicks up pretty bad. Filter floss alone is not catching it, put a polishing pad underneath so hopefully it helps. Supposed to get a filter roller from isea early next week that will drop in, saw good reviews!
IMG_4556.jpeg

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish is still alive which is great but think it’s only a matter of time, moved both so time will tell! Didn’t plan well for the frag rack I had available so this will only fit on the front lol. Going to have to get a shorter one soon. Picked 3 frags to start, only cause they were easy to pull. Coral so far is some gsp on a transfer rock, toadstool, Japanese deep water toadstool (has been closed for a long time but still alive, more of an experiment. Was amazing when it was open), and a disco! See how these respond for a few days and go from there! Rock is a work in progress, waiting to put a few more corals in before making any decisions. Just from the water change this ocean direct sand is super dusty still and kicks up pretty bad. Filter floss alone is not catching it, put a polishing pad underneath so hopefully it helps. Supposed to get a filter roller from isea early next week that will drop in, saw good reviews!
IMG_4556.jpeg
Good to hear that things are coming along mostly well! Rockscape and coral look good! I'm glad the other clown is doing pretty good in the tank as well.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Noooooo :downcast-face-with-sweat:

I'm sorry for your loss. Do you know what ended up causing the death? :(
Nope stumped, tested everything twice. Happened fast, no signs of anything… Going to pick up a replacement tomorrow so that will turn the mood back around

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope stumped, tested everything twice. Happened fast, no signs of anything… Going to pick up a replacement tomorrow so that will turn the mood back around
That's a bummer. Hopefully the replacement one will go smoothly :) How much do those clowns go for?

Also, random question that came to mind. Have you messed with the Jebao yet? Do you have a favorite mode and power setting at the moment?

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a bummer. Hopefully the replacement one will go smoothly :) How much do those clowns go for?

Also, random question that came to mind. Have you messed with the Jebao yet? Do you have a favorite mode and power setting at the moment?
The website has them listed for $65 for storms and up depending on patterns. It’s pretty hard to single one out of a hundred plus! I believe I got an unlisted local/return customer discount though that made it quite a bit cheaper, I didn’t ask questions haha!
On the jabao, I haven’t messed with it a ton. I’ve got it on the w1 mode and the lowest setting, I’m trying to balance this with the dual VCA return which is honestly pretty nice having 2 movable returns in this tank. It’s a little big and sticks out but think it’s worth it.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The website has them listed for $65 for storms and up depending on patterns. It’s pretty hard to single one out of a hundred plus! I believe I got an unlisted local/return customer discount though that made it quite a bit cheaper, I didn’t ask questions haha!
On the jabao, I haven’t messed with it a ton. I’ve got it on the w1 mode and the lowest setting, I’m trying to balance this with the dual VCA return which is honestly pretty nice having 2 movable returns in this tank. It’s a little big and sticks out but think it’s worth it.
Haha that's good that you got a discount! I also currently use the wave mode (W1) on the lowest setting. I think that's what works best, because if I turn it up it just blasts my corals. I might try and switch mine to the movable mount like you instead of the straight one so I can angle it towards the back glass or so. And yes, those returns look very nice!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Haha that's good that you got a discount! I also currently use the wave mode (W1) on the lowest setting. I think that's what works best, because if I turn it up it just blasts my corals. I might try and switch mine to the movable mount like you instead of the straight one so I can angle it towards the back glass or so. And yes, those returns look very nice!
It’s a strong pump for a little size and adding that spacer really helps I think!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Made it home and acclimating! Some beauties to choose from but none in the size I needed that showed more orange. This was my fav, looked like a strong and healthy little dude! Round 2 here we come!
IMG_4585.jpeg

Also massive thank you to the clown fish shop! Customer service is 10/10, he was texting me back and forth throughout the day and into the evening while out with his family to try and help save my fish. He then made time in his schedule today for me to come find a new one. Had the last one for 6 days so blame was 100% on me and expected to pay full price but he still made me an incredible deal! Hopefully I won’t be seeing him again for a long time… or until I get another tank haha NOT!

Last edited:

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made it home and acclimating! Some beauties to choose from but none in the size I needed that showed more orange. This was my fav, looked like a strong and healthy little dude! Round 2 here we come!
IMG_4585.jpeg

Also massive thank you to the clown fish shop! Customer service is 10/10, he was texting me back and forth throughout the day and into the evening while out with his family to try and help save my fish. He then made time in his schedule today for me to come find a new one. Had the last one for 6 days so blame was 100% on me and expected to pay full price but he still made me an incredible deal! Hopefully I won’t be seeing him again for a long time… or until I get another tank haha NOT!
I’m glad you were able to pick up another clown! And that you had a great experience at the clown shop!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back