Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think they are in love! Haha
IMG_4613.jpeg
IMG_4628.jpeg
Wow they look so good!! Glad they’re getting along well :)

Are they the same type of clown?

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sorry for not seeing any of this, for some reason I didn't get any notifications, even though I am watching this thread.

I am so sorry about your clown. That's really tough, but glad to see that you got another clown, and had a good experience with your clown shop!

The new clownfish is gorgeous, and I am glad to see that they are already in love!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow they look so good!! Glad they’re getting along well :)

Are they the same type of clown?
They are from 2 batches I believe, quite a few different ones. I believe they are either black/mocha storms, it’s a big ? if they will keep any of the orange over time. The orange lips a pretty neat! They both have some orange in the black.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am sorry for not seeing any of this, for some reason I didn't get any notifications, even though I am watching this thread.

I am so sorry about your clown. That's really tough, but glad to see that you got another clown, and had a good experience with your clown shop!

The new clownfish is gorgeous, and I am glad to see that they are already in love!
I’m having the same issue with not getting notifications, it’s odd but it’s happening randomly it seems.

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So been doing a lot of work in the other build but was able to get my noo-psyche mini hooked up and holy mosses it’s laughably strong compared to the other. I’ve got Bluetooth working and connected, that was a nightmare! Besides that it’s pretty easy, I’ll have to look up some examples of peoples schedules, max I’ve set for now is 35% so should be fine.

IMG_4631.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Isealive fleece roller has been delivered and dropped in like a glove, so so easy! Will be excited to see how long a roll lasts, got 2 spare.
IMG_4644.jpeg
IMG_4645.jpeg
Looks pretty clean, selling point for this and not the IM branded one was the cover over the top.

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Isealive fleece roller has been delivered and dropped in like a glove, so so easy! Will be excited to see how long a roll lasts, got 2 spare.
IMG_4644.jpeg
IMG_4645.jpeg
Looks pretty clean, selling point for this and not the IM branded one was the cover over the top.
How does this thing work? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also how are your clowns doing!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How does this thing work? :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also how are your clowns doing!
so here’s the link for the one he makes for your setup!

That will give you a way better explanation than I can haha! Basically just a filter instead of changing out floss or pads daily, you just inch it forward as needed. Everything is contained and not slinging dirty tank water all over the place!

So far the clowns are doing great! The new one is still adjusting and not eating great but in time I’m hopeful!
IMG_4649.jpeg

Ollie67

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so here’s the link for the one he makes for your setup!

That will give you a way better explanation than I can haha! Basically just a filter instead of changing out floss or pads daily, you just inch it forward as needed. Everything is contained and not slinging dirty tank water all over the place!

So far the clowns are doing great! The new one is still adjusting and not eating great but in time I’m hopeful!
IMG_4649.jpeg

Oh wow, that's pretty neat!! Thanks for sharing!

And the clowns look great! :star-struck:

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well I’m playing around with what I want to do here, glued most down. Added more mushrooms, zoas, leathers, and xenia. Everything’s going to have to settle down and see what it looks like when they open! Happy so far and clowns seem to be out and really active. Added a scarlet herm, 1 astrea, 1 nassarius, 1 cerith, and a 1 trochus I think… lol it was late last night!
IMG_4687.jpeg

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m playing around with what I want to do here, glued most down. Added more mushrooms, zoas, leathers, and xenia. Everything’s going to have to settle down and see what it looks like when they open! Happy so far and clowns seem to be out and really active. Added a scarlet herm, 1 astrea, 1 nassarius, 1 cerith, and a 1 trochus I think… lol it was late last night!
IMG_4687.jpeg
Looking good!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Came home today to what looks like the start of diatoms, as well as maybe some cyano from rubble rock that came from my main…. Guess who also came home to cyano in the main….uhg.

My filter roller is pretty slick, prob rolling 2 much. Little difficulty getting them to feed, have to turn both cranks, should get better with time.

Water testing is good! Alk needs to come up before I put more coral.
IMG_4733.png

Already know I’m feeding too much. Hard with these little guys! They will swim up to the top of the tank and follow my finger begging haha!
IMG_4734.jpeg

Some of the toads are opening up, some still mad. Prob take a few weeks, one started to shed as soon as I put it in. Will do a water change tomorrow, prob a big one like 50% just because I’ll already be mixing water. Thank goodness it’s Friday, this week has kinda been busy!
IMG_4736.jpeg
IMG_4737.jpeg
IMG_4738.jpeg
IMG_4739.jpeg

Lastly going to try and borrow my coral dealers par meter for this to play around with this light. He makes me a great deal… $20 first time, second time free, maybe he will give me a free frag with my borrow this time! Hahaha no chance.

If your ever looking to buy some nice healthy frags a a really good price, new to auctions then check out happyfishkc on facebook. He normally runs 1-2 a week, killer deals and not crazy expensive coral. Shipping is a pain but your savings compared to in store shopping is noticeable! If nothing else log on and check them out during a sale, get an idea of the whole process. It can go for a few hrs or all night. Kinda fun to learn pricing compared to online and in store… it will blow your mind! He does a little education as well!

OP
OP
ralquist

ralquist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Water change today! Did about 5g gallons, sand looks about the same or little worse today. I didn’t mess with it, another day soon! Everything seems happy, my fav toad is finally opening. Can’t decided if it wants to shed or just be difficult. My nepthea are doing well in the change over, was little worried the koji but it’s good!
IMG_4764.jpeg
IMG_4765.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back