New jeabo pump

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Hemmdog was looking for a more economical version of an MP40. Anyone happen to have recommendations for a (wide) similar flow?

triggered

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back. Unfortunately it is not as I had hoped. The Jebao DW series is not the same design as the Vortech's. The actual name of the series is SDW, if Googled you'll find some better pictures (AliExpress link). I've included pics of my pump and some found off the internet.
On a good note, the pump is great. Although the power cord is inside the tank and it is not as slim, the flow pattern is similar to the Vortechs and my coral polyp extension is great.

IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0374 (Edited).JPG
sdw side shot 2.jpg
sdw side shot.jpg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm back. Unfortunately it is not as I had hoped. The Jebao DW series is not the same design as the Vortech's. The actual name of the series is SDW, if Googled you'll find some better pictures (AliExpress link). I've included pics of my pump and some found off the internet.
On a good note, the pump is great. Although the power cord is inside the tank and it is not as slim, the flow pattern is similar to the Vortechs and my coral polyp extension is great.

IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0374 (Edited).JPG
sdw side shot 2.jpg
sdw side shot.jpg
Awesome thanks for sharing. That does look similar to a 40.

roberthu526

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0374 (Edited).JPG
sdw side shot 2.jpg
sdw side shot.jpg

Thanks a lot. It really tricked me!

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you referring to the reef breeders RPM pump? I have that pump and it's a good pump, very quiet,very wide flow, love the footprint. But I seriously doubt it's putting out 2000gph. It's even sold as a nano tank pump.
Oh really? It’s not very strong?

12gallonsofhex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rpm is not very strong. Def form smaller tanks. I do have one of those. Well the clock keeps on ticking till they knock if the vortech fully.
I am surprised that they haven't yet. They clearly don't observe patent laws on other models. Vortech must have bigger and badder lawyers.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 69 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.8%
Back