NEW Kessil Light - 10 Years?!?!

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw the price though, now which one will be better, the XR15 pro or the new 360x for a T5/LED hybrid?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The “answer” I got was they are currently working with apex to make it all work so it is coming, interpret that how you may lol but that is as concrete as I could get.
I'm just surprised you actually got even something out of them regarding the 700, it's been crickets. Much appreciated!

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That moment when you enter a raffle for an a360we at macna with one ticket and actually win, kessil gods are in my favor lol
That's from all the good karma you're doing for those of us that aren't there. Grats man!

Reefcowboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was dissapointed with the new light feats, but watching MACNA videos and seeing it over thr tanks I must admit they seem to have more coverage and obviously more power.

Curious to see it side by side in comparison with the old units.

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw this yesterday at MACNA. Looks really nice actually. It still has that awesome Kessil shimmer, but it didn’t seem to be as intense as it usually is. Though I didn’t pay attention to the water current, so it could have simply been that. However, still remained to give off one of the most natural looking light.

The design is kinda cool too. At first I was slightly thrown off by it, but quickly became fond of it. I’m buying the IM- INT 50 setup they had at the display for Innovative Marine. Was considering the Radion XR30 G4 Pro but might give the new Kessil a shot.

0F63DA8D-B70E-4040-B753-644F9B07D3BB.jpeg

bckey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the 360X is worth waiting 2 months for and paying the extra $100 over the 360WE? Or the Radion XR15 G4Pro? I am trying to light a new Nuvo 40 reef tank.

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think the 360X is worth waiting 2 months for and paying the extra $100 over the 360WE? Or the Radion XR15 G4Pro? I am trying to light a new Nuvo 40 reef tank.

I'd say if you know yourself and you know what you like you should have an answer.

360x is going to be a better light, there shouldnt be a doubt about that. If you like Wifi then its the only option. If its going to be your only light for the IM40 then It will have better coverage and more intensity range for you.

The 360we is going to work well. Its a proven light. Its cheaper. Its simpler and foolproof.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That moment when you enter a raffle for an a360we at macna with one ticket and actually win, kessil gods are in my favor lol

Congratulations! Much deserved with all the information you provided here! Thank you!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks interesting. Probably not enough to proactively replace the older lights, but a nice evolution none-the-less. Dimming down to black is a nice improvement - as long as it really does. Has always annoyed me that the current lights cut out at about 10%. Radions do dim down to black, but color shift as they do so perhaps these Kessils will do a better job. I imagine it will be just a matter of time before this new design trickles down to the 160s. I'd tend to be skeptical of the greater coverage. Still a point source, so the same shading problems.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%

Back