NEW Kessil Light - 10 Years?!?!

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25% more power seems like a decent upgrade to me. Improved emitters seems like an even bigger win. I have no issue with the price point and since I dont mess with my lights after initial setup, the controller is of no use to me (especially the WiFi).

In regard to the cable, what is proprietary about it?
Couldn't agree more.

dnjstlr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't actually own a Kessil so I might be mistaken but I thought the whole point of them was that you could control them with "Kessil Logic" and not have to adjust individual color channels? But this model lets you do that now from what I saw on video?

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't actually own a Kessil so I might be mistaken but I thought the whole point of them was that you could control them with "Kessil Logic" and not have to adjust individual color channels? But this model lets you do that now from what I saw on video?

It’s kessil logic + adjustable rgb from my understanding. It should help make corals pop more under certain light - personally I don’t think I’ll ever use those rgb colors on the daily schedule but if I want to show off colors I can dial in certain spectrums to name them look better.

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, can you guys hitting the booth try and get an answer out of them re;AP700 and external controller support, or if they're just leaving it to circle the software drain ;) @Peter K

The “answer” I got was they are currently working with apex to make it all work so it is coming, interpret that how you may lol but that is as concrete as I could get.

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25% more power seems like a decent upgrade to me. Improved emitters seems like an even bigger win. I have no issue with the price point and since I dont mess with my lights after initial setup, the controller is of no use to me (especially the WiFi).

In regard to the cable, what is proprietary about it?

Proprietary as in you can control multiple different groups of lights off of the same plug into the controller - you set up groups of lights but all can be daisy chained together.

d16005f08c4d615c0d40cf41e92a34b1.jpg
41e3444b2ad7fb63658c84071967430f.jpg

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Proprietary as in you can control multiple different groups of lights off of the same plug into the controller - you set up groups of lights but all can be daisy chained together.

Does it use a standard USB cable or is the controller end different? Appreciate all the information you're relaying for us.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back