NEW Kessil Light - 10 Years?!?!

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no exact price has been said yet if anything it should be same price if not cheaper. it used less material to build and also no fan and componentry to run it.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick macna updates:
-$449 is price
-old 360’s can be controlled off new controller
-new controller powered off lights no separate power supply

Thanks for the information!!!

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any news about the new software/app in relation to also controlling the AP 700? Sorry, don't mean to derail the topic. I just really hope they take the software side of things more seriously.

I’ll get back to you on this one when we go back to the booth.

I was a bit confused on the way WiFi is going to work with the new lights I didn’t get a ton of time with the guy who knows all the technical details of things but I’ll head back and talk to him again.

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a bit disappointed with the ui on the new controller. They kept talking about the new colors red/green/etc that you can control now (I don’t really care about those to be honest) but the overall concept looks more similar to how the currently controller tunes the 360’s with color % / intensity % and less of the ap700 app interface.

Also controller has a 0-10v port which is where you can plug in old 360’s.

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
b7ef48aa7b48a27bbaf8cf022301d5e7.jpg

Bobcantbuild

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, big mistake Kessil crazy price and not a big upgrade on tech. I have a ton of Kessils 3 ap700 few 360 and a few 150 to 160 in a few colors (do plants too) few of them 80’s and even a few of the big boys h1200 over some flowers spent easy over 20k on Kessil but not going to be upgrading and will be moving on to better led’s

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the price is a bit to much I love my kessils but I really think the radion xr15g4 from a price point is a better deal

I was quite disappointed on the price ($449) I won’t lie when I found out, I figured $399, the old original price of the 360’s, would be fair. Granted it’s only $50 more but that adds up quick when you buy more than one.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was anyone upset with the form factor of the old 360's? Honestly they increased power, improved lens, but cut down on form factor...

I get the market is about making money, but at $449 I wish they would have kept the same form factor and the new space they freed up would be available for integrated WiFi not something I have to buy.

$450 for the light, $100 for the controller, and probably $50 for the wifi dongle. At this point we're up to $600. Hard to argue not buying a Radion XR15 at that point, even with the diffusor that only comes in at $445.

Last edited:

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The form factor in person is awesome, I’ll try to get some pictures of it later to do it justice but it’s tiny compared to the old 360’s.

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The form factor in person is awesome, I’ll try to get some pictures of it later to do it justice but it’s tiny compared to the old 360’s.

Would make it easier to fit into low profile hoods or a more streamlined Aquatic life hybrid fixture now

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
form over the older light is good yes but does it make the corals look any different does it grow them any differently more than likely no and no one will know until there tested and that takes at least 6 months for anyone to know. I was actually excited when they were announced here on reef2reef the other day now that I have more info on them I am actually really let down we are essentially getting less for more

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I was told they focused a lot on the reliability with the new heat sink / fan / cooling, which should help with the lifespan of the lights. The vents will definitely make blowing them out more effective instead of having to take the whole thing apart.

saltwaterpicaso

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if your still there let the rep read this thread lol reliablility a lot of us have 4 plus years on ours without a problem im willing to bet first quarter sales are going to be slow forcing a price cut

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 41 44.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 46 49.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 6.5%
Back