OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are my friends 2 little ones he just got from Quality marine.Both small ,but they are out and eating Frozen cyclops.He said he ordered 2 expecting just one to make it after 24 hours.We are keeping our fingers crossed.It's late and his aquarium lights are off,but he is frequently feeding them because they are so small.

I really have to get a male, that's what's so tough. With the other male leopard wrasses the female won't change. :/. I'm not patient, either.

I am jealous though I hope they make it!

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, when I got mine, it looked surprisingly well. But that could have just been that it only traveled a short while from Los Angeles to my location.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choati is out and eating well today. Looks great. Fingers crossed.

He is still struggling with time change but I found him at 4:30 pm

This is also the first day I've seen the copperband butterfly I got a day earlier than the kuiters wrasse eat (5 days or so).

Stressful quarters with all of those tangs. Eating well now though'!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also just got the Choati eating Blackworms. He ate about a dozen. Eating well for day 3!

Also earlier than I expected to see him. I would say on average for me they hide a week. The ornate hid 3 days, the black leopards two weeks, regular leopards 3 days, potters 5 days, male blue stars about one week

Last edited:

Gasdoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!!.How are your other leopards reacting to her?Any chasing? What else other than the worms is she eating?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great news!!.How are your other leopards reacting to her?Any chasing? What else other than the worms is she eating?

Mine is a he, but he's eating black worms, and my frozen mix (name a frozen food and it's in there) I microwave it and drain the water out, mix, add selcon, garlic guard, and a little bit of cod liver oil.

No aggression the other leopards show no interest in him whatsoever. He's a pretty good sized Choati (by design) so he's less likely to get pushed around. I've not seen any serious aggression out of any of my leopards ever, but I know Choati are fragile so I wanted a bigger fella with some mass to throw around if needed

Gasdoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a new video with all your leopards together when you get a chance. When I tried to mix leopards a couple years ago it turned into a WWF glass cage death match with only 1 male walking out alive. :(

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post a new video with all your leopards together when you get a chance. When I tried to mix leopards a couple years ago it turned into a WWF glass cage death match with only 1 male walking out alive. :(
Really? That's surprising! I added all but this Chaoti within a month of each other. I added a vid at beginning of the thread that shows Chaoti on first day before he hid. The two m. Melagris females were still asleep

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are most of my wrasses in this tank - the male blue star boss sleeps early and is not shown in this one. He is in the one at the beginning of the thread though.

I'm not sure who else is asleep it's hard to keep track!

Change quality to 720p

Here's the eating CBB
Make 720p

Last edited:
OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upon second glance I don't see the black leopard either. She must have gone to sleep also.

By 8 pm all leopards are usually asleep. They're usually the first up as well.

Gasdoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to try another kuiters wrasse ?Live aquaria still shows them available.I'm in the planning stages of a 200g tank and you have inspired me to attempt introducing several leopards together and see what happens .A trio of Choati 1 male 2 female would be tempting (But an expensive experiment )...

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to try another kuiters wrasse ?Live aquaria still shows them available.I'm in the planning stages of a 200g tank and you have inspired me to attempt introducing several leopards together and see what happens .A trio of Choati 1 male 2 female would be tempting (But an expensive experiment )...

Yes I am, but they do not have any males available. It's just females. I need a male for my tank.

You should be fine mixing leopards. The only issue I have heard is that Kuiters leopards can be aggressive, and would bully less aggressive leopard wrasses such as Choati. Other than that, I don't see any issues if you don't plan to keep Kuiters in there.

That's anecdotal and I have not had experience with it to report. The one I had for a few days showed no aggression to my other male bipartus leopard wrasses in the same tank. Who knows!

wrassegauche17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great leopard wrasse party!
have female meleagris, female negrosensis, tempted to add transitioning meleagris from lfs but dunno....
there's just sumthing bout the Leopards!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great leopard wrasse party!
have female meleagris, female negrosensis, tempted to add transitioning meleagris from lfs but dunno....
there's just sumthing bout the Leopards!

Thanks!

Yes there is. They're so beautiful and mysterious!

vedros74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are most of my wrasses in this tank - the male blue star boss sleeps early and is not shown in this one. He is in the one at the beginning of the thread though.

I'm not sure who else is asleep it's hard to keep track!

Change quality to 720p

Here's the eating CBB
Make 720p

Very nice wrasses. Was that the vroliks I saw?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice wrasses. Was that the vroliks I saw?

Yes it is. He's growing fast and fat as heck. I would say he's tank boss. Even over the blonde naso 2x his length

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No aggression towards your other wrasses?
None that I've ever seen. Very easy going. The only reason he's tank boss is because everyone else is so cowardly and non aggressive lol

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choati still eating like a pig and apparently thriving. Will keep everyone posted.

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kueteri wrasse is awesome. Very mellow and he eats everything i put in the tank. But i Ususally start with cyclops and I get them eating.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 64 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.1%
Back