OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My kueteri wrasse is awesome. Very mellow and he eats everything i put in the tank. But i Ususally start with cyclops and I get them eating.

Mine was eating great, like a pig. Didn't make it three days. Very sad.

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was eating great, like a pig. Didn't make it three days. Very sad.
Sorry to hear that bud. I got mine from someone bthat kept them for atleast 3 months already. I try not to get anything anymore that has just come from wholesale . Same thing i did with my cbb i bought from someone who had it for a while. I also have an lfs that would acclimate and get it eating for me before I take it home.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that bud. I got mine from someone bthat kept them for atleast 3 months already. I try not to get anything anymore that has just come from wholesale . Same thing i did with my cbb i bought from someone who had it for a while. I also have an lfs that would acclimate and get it eating for me before I take it home.

Yeah it stinks. I have really good luck with tough fish including leopards (I don't know if you read but I have ten or so). I won't lie i am not used to failing. I usually succeed well with expert level fish!

Your method is a good one. I bought my copperband and moorish idol from divers den so I cheated to some degree with them. I was in a war with my regal angel to get her to eat and make it but she's doing great now.

Shirt happens though! :)

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess the good news is my Choati leopard appears do be going very well, eats like a pig, and is getting along with the other leopards well. They're supposed to be more difficult than kuiters.

You win some and lose some

Gasdoc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choati still eating like a pig and apparently thriving. Will keep everyone posted.
That's great.The two little ones my friend has are also doing well .I told him they would be dead by now when I saw how small they were,glad I was wrong.You may be right that collection practices have improved.

Has your Choati taken pellets yet?To my astonishment ,the two little ones my friend has are eating New Life Spectrum .5mm pellets less than a week in his tank.He has a large Ornate Leopard in with them that chased them for the first day,and now doesn't even look at them.The world of leopard wrasses sure is exciting !

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you going to try another kuiters wrasse ?Live aquaria still shows them available.I'm in the planning stages of a 200g tank and you have inspired me to attempt introducing several leopards together and see what happens .A trio of Choati 1 male 2 female would be tempting (But an expensive experiment )...

You should be fine. I have 5 leopards in my 200g with no issues. Male and female meleagris, female bipart, ornate, and potters. Also have over a dozen wrasses total.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great.The two little ones my friend has are also doing well .I told him they would be dead by now when I saw how small they were,glad I was wrong.You may be right that collection practices have improved.

Has your Choati taken pellets yet?To my astonishment ,the two little ones my friend has are eating New Life Spectrum .5mm pellets less than a week in his tank.He has a large Ornate Leopard in with them that chased them for the first day,and now doesn't even look at them.The world of leopard wrasses sure is exciting !

I honestly don't feed pellets, so I am not sure. I have them but it's a rare staple of thier diet in my house. I doubt they would eat it as a result

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And good job BTW ford family! Love that radiant too. I'm 0/3 with those bugger's.

I am 1/3 so don't feel bad. I had one for two months that died, and another that died overnight after I got it.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Choati is still eating and apparently doing great!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: still thriving and eating like a pig! Getting up earlier every day, more like his other leopard wrasse and other tank mates!

Naturally, this means I can feed him more often :). He is pretty fat.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just ordered another Kuiters male. This time he will be in a 55 qt with only a 1" clown trigger rather than a busy tank to keep stress down. It's also established.

The Choati is still doing great!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope so! Will post pics today

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg
Tried again. Here's the Kuiters

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back