OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fed him before the lights turned out - dead this morning. Ammonia 0, nitrite 0, nitrate 1.5, everything else the same as it was for the other several fish I kept in this qt. it's established. :(

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear that. I treat mine for 5 min freshwater dip just to kill of anything he might have then he goes into my DT where there's a lot of life for him to eat. That's how i got him to survive

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him from live aquaria. I am trying one more, he should be here Tuesday, I have really good luck with leopard wrasses and difficult to expert level fish. I'm perplexed

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. I have a ear muff fat and doing well for about five months now, the Kuiters is on my short list

Vpham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I ve looking for the choate for awhile, never had luck finding one...u r lucky owner, keep us update how it does in dt...

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got him from live aquaria. I am trying one more, he should be here Tuesday, I have really good luck with leopard wrasses and difficult to expert level fish. I'm perplexed

Wow. I've never seen one with such colors! When I bought my Kuiter's from LA, it was mainly white and light hints of green and pink. They have another male in stock?

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. I've never seen one with such colors! When I bought my Kuiter's from LA, it was mainly white and light hints of green and pink. They have another male in stock?
My last one looked similar but this most recent effort was the prettiest I had seen. They do not last time I checked.

Confuse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My last one looked similar but this most recent effort was the prettiest I had seen. They do not last time I checked.

Oh ok. So you're trying a female this time? I had a female in QT for three weeks and it croaked out of nowhere. Don't know what happened. I was ready to set her loose on the display and she passed away in the matter of a day. Definitely difficult fish to keep, but I'm still motivated to keep one once I get a bigger QT and the time to maintain it.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh ok. So you're trying a female this time? I had a female in QT for three weeks and it croaked out of nowhere. Don't know what happened. I was ready to set her loose on the display and she passed away in the matter of a day. Definitely difficult fish to keep, but I'm still motivated to keep one once I get a bigger QT and the time to maintain it.

No I am dead set on a male. The dt he will go to has two smaller male Bipartus leopard wrasse so she would never change.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last effort this one is JUST changing to male... Not as pretty.

image.jpg

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
Update - this newest kuiters leopard is just barely transitioning male... However it's doing well this is day three.

The original Choati is still stuffing his face and doing well also.

Wish me luck.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I am rooting for you!

I need it! The only leopard species I have struggled this bad with were Bipartus females. I've had great luck with males. That was bad luck more than anything I suspect since I have had great success with far more difficult leopards.

buzzword

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have struggled with Bipartus females as well. I am 0/2 right now, just had one in QT over about 3 weeks eating great then over night dead. Had kuiteri a few years ago was doing great until my PBT out of nowhere decided she did not like her and killed her.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I have struggled with Bipartus females as well. I am 0/2 right now, just had one in QT over about 3 weeks eating great then over night dead. Had kuiteri a few years ago was doing great until my PBT out of nowhere decided she did not like her and killed her.

That's messed up. I am wondering if it has something to do with where or how they're collected. But intuitively I would assume the large males go through similar treatment and I have had great luck with four out of five!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm done with this species. Found him dead this morning. Ate great last night no signs of stress. Water params fine everyone else doing great. These seem to drop dead for no reason.

jlanger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh!! That sucks.
It's a shame that these fish are so hit-or-miss as they have so many beautiful species.
Sorry for the loss.

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh!! That sucks.
It's a shame that these fish are so hit-or-miss as they have so many beautiful species.
Sorry for the loss.

I'm pretty irritated. I hate killing fish so I give up.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 48 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.7%
Back