New lagoon build

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi everyone,

New lagoon build with equipment from previous builds.

IM lagoon 25 pro2

Ati Straton

hyros (new)

vortech mp10qd

My two clowns will be the new residents.

I debated dry rock vs live rock. I ended up ordering 10lbs of Gulf live rock which will be here tomorrow. Cycle if any will be a lot quicker vs Dry rock and tank maturity will also accelerate. More to follow

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Tank hangs over a little over an inch of the sturdy stand. Think that will be okay?

scottkoji

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this tank and wish I had these dimensions over the IM20. Hard to see form the picture - where does it hang off the stand?

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Scott,

Thanks! I love the dimensions as well, since I didn’t sell the straton, going to make this a Sps dominant tank.

Sorry, didn’t realize how blue the pics came out. First picture, back of tank hangs over about a inch. I think it’s fine since 99% is over solid wood, looking to see what you guys thought.

gsepanik

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that it will likely be fine, especially since there is no sand or rock in the filter section. If I was in your position I would think about screwing a 2x4 horizontally into the back of whatever shelving/piece of furniture your tank rests on in order to support that inch of tank that hangs over. I just started a 25 lagoon as well! just finished cycling mine! I custom built a stand for mine so it fits, and because im anxious about stands failing (and because i'm in a rental) I built it strong enough to hold a truck lol. Overall I imagine that it will be fine, but it is a potential point of failure, and for peace of mind I would consider supporting it somehow.

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
any updates?
Thanks for the interest acro! I accidentally had the UV on my Straton turned up to 100% and lost two acro frags. but as soon as I turned that channel down to 50%, alkalinity consumption resumed.

Tried something new with this tank. previously, I used all for reef along with a kalk reactor which worked well. I still did water changes to replace elements, but my water had high alk which was causing minor spikes. This time around I'm using the Triton method and no water changes. Purchased a sand vacuum to pick up any detritus that the two mp10's don't stir up and also for the back compartments. I have chaeto in the back compartment lit by the IM chaeto light which I love.

I'm also using the Focustronic suite which monitors my water quality and adjusts automatically nitrate and phosphate based on results and what I have set. I travel and this setup gives me such piece of mind.

Also changed from Neptune to Hydros on the controller front and LOVE it! Really digging how cheap accessories are for it.

I went with minimal live rock for improved flow once the acros start filling in. also thinking about buying a cool bonsai reef structure and seeding it with the live rock in the tank.

IMG_1627.jpeg
IMG_1628.jpeg
IMG_1622.jpeg
IMG_1619.jpeg
IMG_1624.jpeg
IMG_1626.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back