New Member - 125 Mixed Reef

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. New to the forum and wanted to share my newly setup 125. I have had at least one freshwater tank going for the last 15 years until a year and a half ago, I converted a 55 gallon into a SW reef. After having my 55 gallon setup for just over a year, I convinced my wife it was time to upgrade. I found a 125 setup for $300 local to me and could not pass it up! The tank is a 125 dual overflow AGA tank using dursos. I have (2) Jebao WP-40s for flow. Probably around 125 lbs of rock, 80 lbs of sand. Here is a FTS from yesterday:

Lighting are three dimmable Evergrow D120 fixtures. I made the supports out of 1/2" EMT. The tank also came with a 40 gallon acrylic sump, which I use strictly as a ‘fuge (and where my mantis shrimp calls home).

Drain inlets into 'fuge using reverse dursos:

I used a 29 gallon I had in the basement for my skimmer (Eshopps S-150 Economy cone skimmer). I also have a Cobalt MJ-600 in there feeding my BRS single reactor for carbon.

Plumbing on left side, and where I have my outlet box for my Reef Angel:

And how the two sumps are tied together, my ATO, Reef Angel, etc:

Getting back into the tank, I just recently redid my 'scape. Here is the right side:

Left side:

Middle:

And now for some livestock, here is my Hooded Fairy from Vanuatu (C. bathyphilus):

Labout's Fairy (C. laboutei):

Male Lubbock's Fairy (C. lubbocki):

Midas Blenny (E. midas):

Flame Angel (Centropyge loricula) hanging out with his buddies:

And the newest add (just added this weekend), Magnificent Foxface (Siganus magnificus):

Future additions include Yellow Eye Kole Tang (currently in my 46BF QT), Flame & Lineatus Fairy Wrasses, & Powder Brown Tang.

Now for a few of my corals:

Trachyphyllia radiata:

Torch (Euphyllia glabrescens):

Favia:

'Shrooms (Rhodactis):

For inverts, I have a cleaner shrimp, coral banded shrimp, blue tuxedo urchin, and:

Rock Flower Anemone (Epicystis crucifer)

There are a bunch more in there (I think 37 total frags/colonies), including 6 new SPS frags, but I don't have any good pictures on hand to share. I'll post some more up soon though.

Feel free to ask any questions, or to give any advice. Thanks for looking!

OP
OP
Marshall O

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pick up and nice set up, $300 for 125g is killer deal

Thanks! I think so to. Came with the stand, drains, 45 gallon acrylic sump, Mag 12, 72" Orbit 6 bulb PC fixture (replaced with LEDs now), and a 36W UV sterilizer (used on my 46BF QT). Brought over my Reef Angel & reactor from the 55, picked up the skimmer slightly used off Ebay for 1/3 the price of a new one, picked up the LED fixtures for $100/each and the two Jebaos were bought new. After I sell my 55 setup, the whole upgrade will only cost about $500.

OP
OP
Marshall O

Marshall O

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some macro shots I took a while ago of some of my corals and a couple inverts:

=

I
will have to get some SPS shots up soon!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 67 35.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 60 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back