New member from Rhode Island

TimSt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for about 30 years for a variety of reasons (work, family, etc.). Was mostly into freshwater, but dabbled in saltwater nano tanks back then. I'm ready to jump back in--currently looking into setting up ~125g reef tank in the near future after doing much more research. I'm comfortable with the basic chemistry and biology of fish-keeping, but the reef world is going to be a bit of a learning curve. Looking forward to being part of this forum!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been out of the hobby for about 30 years for a variety of reasons (work, family, etc.). Was mostly into freshwater, but dabbled in saltwater nano tanks back then. I'm ready to jump back in--currently looking into setting up ~125g reef tank in the near future after doing much more research. I'm comfortable with the basic chemistry and biology of fish-keeping, but the reef world is going to be a bit of a learning curve. Looking forward to being part of this forum!

Welcome! Glad you joined. Your prior experiences will help you be successful faster, but don't rush things. Saltwater is still much life freshwater, but adding corals (reef) does take you (or did me!) to a whole additional level of water testing, dosing, wow - I've had to adjust my coral ambitions to be more inline with our available time. However you approach it, you are sure to have fun and enjoy yourself! Welcome Back!!

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while still in the planning stage, which it sounds like you are at right now. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R
Welcome to R2R.JPG

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back