New Nano tank options?

El Fantasma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I've been out of the loop for a while on nano tanks and new stuff in general, I will be moving this summer and starting over so I will be looking for a nice nano system when I am ready.

20-30g is ideal, AIO or sump options are a must.

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there!! Welcome to R2R!! I'm sure you'll find everything you need right here!! :D

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Oceanic BioCube 29g is pretty popular from what I can tell. Innovative Marine makes the Nuvo and I'm pretty sure JBJ still sells the Nano Cube. CurrentUSA seems to have discontinued the AquaPod and now sells the Solana.

I have no experience with any of these, so I'll bump for someone who does.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at several nano tanks, we opted for a Deep Blue 30g rimless reef ready tank.

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For your AIO options, lighting may make a difference so if you know what kind of lighting you want maybe share that. The Biocubes and JBJ both have curved fronts as far as I know. I believe the Nuvo are curved corners, but not a curved front. If curved corners are okay, then you may also want to check out the the Red Sea Max, that too has a flat front and just curves in the corners. Otherwise, I think most AIOs have some form of curve in them. Good luck in your search. I personally have a Biocube and have really liked it. I've had it running for three years now and gets the job done.

OP
OP
El Fantasma

El Fantasma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm digging that 30g posted above. I can build the system, but an AIO is also an option. Either way.. something like that 30g is beyond sexy. :)

OP
OP
El Fantasma

El Fantasma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I have an idea for a tank, still up in the air about it but it will be small and require a lot of modding. I like to build. :D

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. :bigsmile:

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a guy that is making me an AIO insert for a 20L. He makes two different ones, a unit that goes at the end and one that goes on the back wall and he makes them for different sized tanks. I ordered one that is on it's way, if you want I can post some pics when I get it.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$40 Not bad at all and the quality of the build is said to be great.

JoJo82

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just recently got a Nuvo 16 to replace my 34g Solana (which incidentally I'm also trying to sell). I know Innovative Marine also sells bigger tanks than the 16g, like the 30g and 38g. Frankly, I think they are a great setup and not too expensive at all. I paid almost $500.00 for the Nuvo 16, an extra LED light, and 2 Spin Nozzles. The tank only is like $350. I don't have too many corals in it yet but it is already looking NICE! We did thought about getting a JBJ instead, but I really loved the rimless look on the Innovative Marine. The LFS owner who I bought the tank from said to me that he's actually close friends with the owners of Innovative Marine, and that they used to be the head-designers of JBJ. Now they own their own company.

OP
OP
El Fantasma

El Fantasma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds awesome.

The Ecopico is definitely a go for the lady, I'm sure I'll get creative with the equipment on that thing. As for myself I'm still up in the air on what I want nano I want to do! I may end up just building something or modding a used tank. Ecopico first, I'll worry about tank #2 when I get there. :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 12.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back