New Osmolator update

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
rvitko

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I expect it will be shown at Interzoo and available soon after

ingchr1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @rvitko, I have a 3155 and replaced the pump with a high jet. Since I have a small tank, I had it set on nano. The high jet pump would not run until the dial got to ~1/4 of its range (~10 o'clock position). I left it slightly above this position.

No issues, just wondering if that is that expected operation with the high jet and 5017 controller?

Thank you

OP
OP
rvitko

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that is normal, the High Jet is not a voltage dimmed pump like the original pump, which was a simple DC brush motor so speed was on a 9-12V range, the High Jet needs 12V and converts that to a PWM signal like a typical DC powerhead, the voltage it can work on is a lot tighter.

hobie61

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to work well. Been using for a month+ now. Quiet. Like the light indicators. Wish there was a way to micro adjust the sensor height with a thumbscrew on the back of the glass (a sensor carriage with a height adjustment).

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its functionally the same as the current high jet which is available now as a retrofit to the current Osmolator and Nano Osmolator. The new one has 3 speeds, this is changed by rapidly cycling the power to the controller. The default speed is capable of 12ft of head pressure, a lower speed is possible and full speed is possible.
looking for clarification..

Roger you say 12' of head but BRS states 20?
i am looking to push RODI up from my basement say 12-15 feet up then over another 15 to one of my tanks.
it looking like this will not be possible as I forgot about the cable that communicates with the controller.

wish it was a peristaltic pump I think there is a need and market for this. with more and more reefers having fish room and mixing/RODI storage away from there tanks but few options for that.

that's a bummer was looking to pick up 2 of these for both tanks.

OP
OP
rvitko

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 different High Jets, they are slightly different due to the cabling and electronics of the 2 units, a retrofit one (5000.021) and the one that is standard with Osmolator 3. They both can handle 20ft but on the Osmolator 3 you must set it to "Boost Mode", on the Osmolator, you simply open the controller and turn up the pump speed. Default on the Osmolator 3 is 12ft.

Devaji

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 different High Jets, they are slightly different due to the cabling and electronics of the 2 units, a retrofit one (5000.021) and the one that is standard with Osmolator 3. They both can handle 20ft but on the Osmolator 3 you must set it to "Boost Mode", on the Osmolator, you simply open the controller and turn up the pump speed. Default on the Osmolator 3 is 12ft.
I thought the new osmolator 3 did not come with a controller to open up??

OP
OP
rvitko

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, boost mode is set by cycling the power 3 times within 5 seconds.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.5%
Back