new probe calibrations?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can not find anywhere the steps on how to calibrate my probes.
does anyone have this info?

I had the same problem. It's completely missing from the GHL Profilux manual and there is no reference in the PC software.

You need to do it directly from the Profilux menus. Don't remember off hand, but if you browse the device menus, you will find it.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also look at my build thread it explains the steps I took alsoto calibrate the probes.

OP
OP
techhnyne

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
correct me if i am wrong but this is what i am getting

click on ph value in sensor/probes
in calibration data change value 1 to 7.0 , change value 2 to 9.0 enter to save?

i have 7.0 and 9.0 calibration fluids is that the values i use?

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you have to enter the ph values of the calibration fluids you are going to use.

For freshwater you would use 4 and 7 because the measured value is in this range.
Salt water is somewhere at 8, so you use pH7 and 9 for calibration.

-> the used fluids depend on the value you want to measure, that's why you can change the calibration values

OP
OP
techhnyne

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you have to enter the ph values of the calibration fluids you are going to use.

For freshwater you would use 4 and 7 because the measured value is in this range.

-> the used fluids depend on the value you want to measure, that's why you can change the calibration values
do i just stick it in the bottle or i use those rubber covers filled with fluid to calibrate?

also i put the sensors in saltwater before calibrating should i clean them fisrt before putting in fluids?

Last edited:

Matthias Gross

GHL Team
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a) I am here quite lazy, I just dip the probe in the calibration fluid bottle, it works
but: it is possible that you pollute the fluid a bit and the next calibration is maybe not as accurate as you wish

-> the professional way is to use an extra container

b) no

OP
OP
techhnyne

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a) I am here quite lazy, I just dip the probe in the calibration fluid bottle, it works
but: it is possible that you pollute the fluid a bit and the next calibration is maybe not as accurate as you wish

-> the professional way is to use an extra container

b) no

ok so I was using the probe before and it read 10.5 i just calibrated and still shows alarm with 10.5 as a reading, can I reset this? I know its not 10.5 based off my test kits

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you saved on the last step? If you did and left it in the solution it should read 9.0.

You can just redo the calibration it equivalent to a reset.

OP
OP
techhnyne

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got it at first my issue was my ph probe was in me redox spot
got redox and ph calibrated but the orp is asking my to check temp of room air? how do i do that? lol i guess i have to go buy an air thermometer

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure your on a redox port? Below are the steps I had to calibrate mine when was it asking you for the room air?

Redox Probe Calibration: (Steps I took to do it)

From the P4
- Press Any key on the P4, and use the arrow down button and highlight Sensor Setting and press the check mark
- Using the Arrow Key on the P4 highlight the Probe you wish to Calibrate and press the check mark mine was Redox 1
- Using the arrow keys scroll down the list and highlight Calibration and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for to set the calibration Tolerance make sure it is <1> mine was one to begin with and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the first Tolerance level, I set mine to 220.00 using and press the check mark (it defaulted to this)(To adjust the value use the arrow keys to move left and right and up and down to change the value)
- Insert Null Plug
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the asking you to put the probe now in the 220.00 solution and press the check mark
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you Save now press the left arrow key to highlight Yes (Box will show around it) and press the check mark

OP
OP
techhnyne

techhnyne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure your on a redox port? Below are the steps I had to calibrate mine when was it asking you for the room air?

Redox Probe Calibration: (Steps I took to do it)

From the P4
- Press Any key on the P4, and use the arrow down button and highlight Sensor Setting and press the check mark
- Using the Arrow Key on the P4 highlight the Probe you wish to Calibrate and press the check mark mine was Redox 1
- Using the arrow keys scroll down the list and highlight Calibration and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for to set the calibration Tolerance make sure it is <1> mine was one to begin with and press the check mark
- The display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the first Tolerance level, I set mine to 220.00 using and press the check mark (it defaulted to this)(To adjust the value use the arrow keys to move left and right and up and down to change the value)
- Insert Null Plug
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you for the asking you to put the probe now in the 220.00 solution and press the check mark
- Beep Sound
- This display updates on the P4 and is now asking you Save now press the left arrow key to highlight Yes (Box will show around it) and press the check mark
I have the redox working. And the ph. But if you read the next step the oxygen sensor thats what im stuck on

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry,

My fault Yes for the oxygen sensor you need to measure the air tempature. I used a digital aquarium thermometer.

billw

Acroholic in Training
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is an excellent feature!

smartwater101

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions for this a comically vague:

pH calibration:
Step 1: Connect the pH sensor
Step 2: Set the calibration tolerance

...wut. Set the tolerance? Where!? Digging around forums helps narrow it down, but the fact this thread is from 2017 doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The Programming Guide should have been updated by now and the Manual should have mentioned the Programming Guide. That way people will actually know where to look for the vague calibration instructions. :p

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions for this a comically vague:

pH calibration:
Step 1: Connect the pH sensor
Step 2: Set the calibration tolerance

...wut. Set the tolerance? Where!? Digging around forums helps narrow it down, but the fact this thread is from 2017 doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The Programming Guide should have been updated by now and the Manual should have mentioned the Programming Guide. That way people will actually know where to look for the vague calibration instructions. :p
You have the RESOURCE guide downloaded right? Page 56 is what you need to read for PH Probe calibration. It's pretty cut and dry. The rest of the probes are in that section too.

There is an order you need to do things in.
1. Get the Manual, read and follow
2. Get the Resource guide, read and follow
3. Get the Programming guide, read.. Lots of redundant stuff here from the resource guide, follow as needed

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back