new pump besided tunze

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am looking for a new pump for my tank (i own 5 nano tunzes and just had all the clips changed than another one broke and i am being blammed for mishandling of the clips) I am not doing nothing to these pump and roger wont give anymore clips under warranty.

i have owned the bigger streams with no problems , I am no longer going to recommend these to anyone anymore

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am looking for a new pump for my tank (i own 5 nano tunzes and just had all the clips changed than another one broke and i am being blammed for mishandling of the clips) I am not doing nothing to these pump and roger wont give anymore clips under warranty.

i have owned the bigger streams with no problems , I am no longer going to recommend these to anyone anymore

i have had 2 nanostream 6025's for well over a year, i had them in the original first batch. i've had those 2 clips replaced at least 4-5 times each. AND i've had the motors replaced 4 times i think.

i'm not sure why Roger doesn't want to replace yours....i know he said that if you mod these pumps, it will void the warrenty, and they will refuse to replace parts.

if thats not the case, then i can only suggest being very professional and courteous in requesting the replacement parts. i'm sure he doesn't appreciate threats or foul language as part of a customers demand for parts.....but not saying you did this.

for what reason did he say he would not give you new clips?

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should really design the bracket and the magnet into one piece.

then if the bracket broke, they would have to replace the entire magnet and bracket. ;)

i'd rather see the bracket slide onto the magnet, kinda like how the Algae Free Sure Grip magnets are designed to go with Maxijets, tunze streams, and seios.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i am looking for a new pump for my tank (

Have you tried the maxi-jet 1200 with the maximod attachment?
I have a couple and they are not bad.
I little bigger than the tunze, but nearly indestructable.

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i guess i am just going to buy a vortec

all mine have broke in the last 3 months and he said i have abused them and has sent me 4 aready and going to send me one more because i have 5 pumps

he said i was the only one that has broke a new holder in the last 3 months

i am no longer happy about tunze and will not buy another piece of equipment from them , i will no longer suggest anyone buy any either (i only buy for the customer service and once that is gone they are worthless to me) (I am always willing to pay extra money i have 2 6055 pumps, 2 6045, and a 6025)

and in the past i have had 6100, 4 6000 and never had a problem

its not my fault that they are producing junk

surfn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are the clips the same size for all the pumps?

also, how did the clips break? what were you doing that caused them to break?

i know i've had a couple break when i was taking the pumps out to clean them, and i've had 2 just develop a break while in the tank, and didnt know it until it completely gave out and was blasting sand around the tank.

OP
OP
chadfarmer

chadfarmer

profilux in the house
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they were just in the tank and broke (1 was from taking the pump out) and i found them blowing on my sps

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the koralia nano and i like it better than the tunze. However, it is very finicky to postion sometimes beacuse its diderent than the other sizes. This one a small peg wedges into a rubber hole in the casing for the magnet. I've had mine pop out on me a couple times from moving it too much. All in all it runs good, is 100% quiet and moves decent water.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.2%
Back