New reef keeper! 3 weeks in

jmcclu23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for the last few months and finally decided to take the leap into the hobby.

I've always had a huge interest in reefs/sea life and regularly volunteer at one of the nations largest aquariums (pre-covid, super ready to feel safe going to indoor public spaces again).

For my (early) 30th birthday, I gifted myself an Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 40 and I am absolutely in love with this tank. Today is day 24 of my fishless cycle, and I am super amped to get my first residents.

So far I have 2 Quarantine tanks (the coral/invertebrate one might become permanent) and the IM setup and almost cycled, I've built two reef-pis to handle monitoring/ATO on the Display and Coral quarantine tank and managed to tie them both into my homeassistant for another layer of monitoring and alerts.

Im super excited to join this hobby and community!

Untitled1.jpg Untitled.jpg

Shmollica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! I've been lurking on this forum for the last few months and finally decided to take the leap into the hobby.

I've always had a huge interest in reefs/sea life and regularly volunteer at one of the nations largest aquariums (pre-covid, super ready to feel safe going to indoor public spaces again).

For my (early) 30th birthday, I gifted myself an Innovative Marine Fusion Pro 40 and I am absolutely in love with this tank. Today is day 24 of my fishless cycle, and I am super amped to get my first residents.

So far I have 2 Quarantine tanks (the coral/invertebrate one might become permanent) and the IM setup and almost cycled, I've built two reef-pis to handle monitoring/ATO on the Display and Coral quarantine tank and managed to tie them both into my homeassistant for another layer of monitoring and alerts.

Im super excited to join this hobby and community!

Untitled1.jpg Untitled.jpg
QT lighting better than my display hahahah

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back