New Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 2 (fully controllable flow pump)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are people getting on with their octos?
Upgrade for my display. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x753).jpg

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are people getting on with their octos?
Upgrade for my display. :)

DSC_0003 (1024x753).jpg

I ran a 2 for over a year, no problems, great little pump.

Timo‘s Riff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ve purchased two OP4 to replace my Gyre XF350s. After one day warmup with the Octopus.... my wife complained about the terrible noise level. They´re much more louder than my Gyres although the Gyres run on 80% and the Octos on only 60% (Level 6). And, the Octos create from time to time heavy turbulences on the surface so that water swaps out of the tank.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I´ve purchased two OP4 to replace my Gyre XF350s. After one day warmup with the Octopus.... my wife complained about the terrible noise level. They´re much more louder than my Gyres although the Gyres run on 80% and the Octos on only 60% (Level 6). And, the Octos create from time to time heavy turbulences on the surface so that water swaps out of the tank.
There silent for me even at 100% I mean silent. Break them in.

Timo‘s Riff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Got it. Bought a OP 2 additional. This one is much more quiet than the OP 4s I have tested. I also noticed that the flow is very turbulent. Not as straight and laminar than other pumps I already had.

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I picked up an octo 2 tonight for a little extra movement in my 425xl and I had to turn it off. It is so much flow that it ticked off my torches and it looked like my BTA was going to be ripped off his rock. How do you guys use this pump? I 3ither have to return it or just use it once a day for 10 seconds or so to clean the tank.

Has anyone gotten the cable to hook it up to hydros 10v controller? I feel like I just wasted money on this pump, it was like having a turbo jet in the tank.

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I picked up an octo 2 tonight for a little extra movement in my 425xl and I had to turn it off. It is so much flow that it ticked off my torches and it looked like my BTA was going to be ripped off his rock. How do you guys use this pump? I 3ither have to return it or just use it once a day for 10 seconds or so to clean the tank.

Has anyone gotten the cable to hook it up to hydros 10v controller? I feel like I just wasted money on this pump, it was like having a turbo jet in the tank.
They sell a hydros controller for it also make it as good as a Mp40 for $200 I’ll be upgrading.

Kayanarka

Peg Leg Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They sell a hydros controller for it also make it as good as a Mp40 for $200 I’ll be upgrading.
I have a hydros control x4, does it plug right into it or do I need a special cable?

Found 5he cable on BRS, placed order, hope it helps me be able to use the octo 2

Last edited:

Toky916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hydros control x4, does it plug right into it or do I need a special cable?

Found 5he cable on BRS, placed order, hope it helps me be able to use the octo 2
Yep cable gets rid of the power supply and controller. Adjust the flow more up it’s a very strong pump for the money, mine going 3 years no issue love them.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back