New Reefer from Georgia

kmwcane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I've started my first reef tank - a Red Sea Reefer 250 - so I have been lurking in the forums for quite some time now but thought it would be good to introduce myself since I'm sure I will be asking many questions over the upcoming months.

As mentioned above, this is my first reef tank (and my first saltwater tank) but I have been in the freshwater aquarium hobby for at least 15 years. At one point about 10 years ago I had 33 aquariums that housed a large assortment of Tropheus species and other Tanganyikan cichlids like Cyphotilapia gibberosa, Cyprichromis sp., etc. but as it often happens, life got in the way and I had to scale back significantly. I am down to only two freshwater aquariums at the moment; I decided to try my hand at discus a couple of years ago and have a 125 gallon tank with nine adult discus, a school of cardinal tetras and a school of sterbai corydoras. My other aquarium is a 40 gallon breeder that is used as my hospital/quarantine tank that permanently houses a school of rummynose tetras.

Which leads me to my jump into the reefing world... I have always wanted to try a reef aquarium but always put it off for whatever reason. Finally this Christmas I decided I was ready so I gave myself the Red Sea Reefer 250. I am looking forward to all the challenges and beauty that comes with a reef tank. My plan is to start with some softies and LPS and then possibly move into SPS once I have a better grasp of all the ins and outs of keeping corals alive and thriving. I am 19 days into the cycling process so I still have a long way to go!

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.I look forward to interacting with everyone and thank you for all the great contributions you've made to this forum; it greatly helps a newbie like me!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! We’re glad you’re here!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back