OP
CoastieFlo

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and Welcome to R2R!!!

I went whale watching off Monterey a few years ago with the natural geographic guys at the Monterey Bay Whale Watch Centre

Then I found out it’s part of the Red Triangle were all sorts of ‘nasties’ live! Lol

D4931EB7-CD45-464F-9731-824B0E5E6711.jpeg

It’s a beautiful part of the world especially the Big Sur region, we stayed there for a few days

57B5AAEA-9734-406C-BFA1-A4DD05B48593.jpeg
Yes, it is an absolutely beautiful place I'm lucky I get to call it home. Haven't gone a day without seeing whales and otters lol.

OP
OP
CoastieFlo

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. You could use the small tank as a quarantine tank

Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed. You could use the small tank as a quarantine tank.
Thank you for the advise, I was thinking I might get it cycling the same time as my reef tank once I get it all put together.

OP
OP
CoastieFlo

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WELCOME!
Here are some resources you may like

If you like to read

If you prefer video’s. This video series is “5 minute guide”, good info. BRS TV has lots of different series.

Here’s a getting the most out of Reef2Reef link

Oh yeah, I am definitely gonna rewatch that one a few times, I have some real reef rock headed on the way a little too soon I think. Says it will arrive Wednesday and I won't be able to scape until Friday...hopefully it won't rot by then.

Coralcitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! A little about my fishtory, I grew up watching my Dad tend his beautiful 65 gallon fresh above the TV and I've had not much more than a betta bowl for 15 years until January when my wife decided to get a 10 gal fresh and add some beautiful creamsicle sailfin and dalmation mollies. My local fish store here (The Ultimate Aqaurium, in Monterey) sparked us into the reef world after seeing the beautiful collection of corals there. Next thing I know my wife brought home a 20 gallon hex tank with a kessil a80 and a canister filter....that has 2 clowns a valintino puffer and a few bubble tip anenomes but with no stand, so it's currently sitting on our kitchen table and looks terrible! We quickly realized that we want a solid tank setup to really enjoy this hobby and now I have a Red Sea E-170 max headed our way. Still undecided what we are gonna do with the 20 gal hex but we figured to keep it until the E-170 is cycled and re-home the clownfish and (sadly) find a new home for the puffer as he isn't too reef friendly. I am very excited for this journey and happy to join the reefing community! I plan on posting every step of the way, if you guys have any advice I would love to hear it!
Welcome !!

Coralcitos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow reefers! A little about my fishtory, I grew up watching my Dad tend his beautiful 65 gallon fresh above the TV and I've had not much more than a betta bowl for 15 years until January when my wife decided to get a 10 gal fresh and add some beautiful creamsicle sailfin and dalmation mollies. My local fish store here (The Ultimate Aqaurium, in Monterey) sparked us into the reef world after seeing the beautiful collection of corals there. Next thing I know my wife brought home a 20 gallon hex tank with a kessil a80 and a canister filter....that has 2 clowns a valintino puffer and a few bubble tip anenomes but with no stand, so it's currently sitting on our kitchen table and looks terrible! We quickly realized that we want a solid tank setup to really enjoy this hobby and now I have a Red Sea E-170 max headed our way. Still undecided what we are gonna do with the 20 gal hex but we figured to keep it until the E-170 is cycled and re-home the clownfish and (sadly) find a new home for the puffer as he isn't too reef friendly. I am very excited for this journey and happy to join the reefing community! I plan on posting every step of the way, if you guys have any advice I would love to hear it!
Welcome !!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
welcome68.jpg

OP
OP
CoastieFlo

CoastieFlo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say thanks again for the warm welcome, about one month ago I started with almost no idea of what I was doing and I've came a long way...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back