New Rimless 40B Build

Poseidon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I am planning to use Tonga branch for the main aquascape as well. I bet you are happy to have the tank wet, and flowing now aren't you? If only that cycle worked like the guys on "Tanked" say.... Add a bottle and toss in the fish.

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like it is coming on well.

Thanks.

Looking good! I am planning to use Tonga branch for the main aquascape as well. I bet you are happy to have the tank wet, and flowing now aren't you? If only that cycle worked like the guys on "Tanked" say.... Add a bottle and toss in the fish.

Thanks. I really like the Tonga brach quite a bit. I was hoping to find some nice live Tonga around here to seed this system with, but no such luck yet. And yes, I'm very happy that it's finally wet and it would be nice to cycle as quickly as the guys on "tanked" say you can however I'm happy to do it the right way.:smile:

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
12 days into the cycle. I have been dosing MB7 since day 1. I also added a couple of pieces of flake, pellet, and some rods food to the system in the first few days to try to kick start the cycle and have continued to add very small quantities of food daily in addition to the MB7. I also seeded the tank with a small piece of LR and a bit of sand from another system. I really hate the waiting game of a cycle.

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I hope to get through the cycle soon so I can start bringing my fish to the new display.

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much new to update here. Going through the new tank nasties. Still testing well so may consider moving a fish this weekend and give it a week to see what happens to the parameters. I also want to try to get the ATO relocated and hooked up but that may have to wait until the following week.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You still got diatoms?

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for asking, Barb.

So far, the tank is doing well. It's been wet for a while, all livestock is transferred and I'm now simply waiting for it to mature a bit before I do much to it. I've added a couple of things since I moved everything. I'm not going to add much more in the short term because I need to come up with a solution to hang my lights. They're a little to close to the water and I have burned a couple of things and browned out a couple of others, even after light acclimation. I think my acclimation period may not have been long enough.

Otherwise, all is doing well. I'll try to get some pictures up soon. I have a crappy camera and I'm a terrible photographer.

PAK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. I hve a couple pieces of Tonga in my 120g... looking forward to more pics.

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We.....bit of a rough day for the tank. Nothing catastrophic but I noted that in the last couple of weeks I've been seeing some things I didn't like. Turned out to be vermetid snails. I know from my last tank (my first reef experience btw) that left untouched, they can take over and simply make the tank look bad and make it difficult to work in as the tubes can be super sharp. I decided today that, since I needed a WC, I would attempt to eradicate the pests. That caused some challenges for me. I ended up removing rock, scraping off snails, gluing the ones I could not remove, etc. Well, the left side of my tank had a very sensitive tonga structure that was epoxied together. I pulled it out as one piece and was soon to realize it was not epoxied all that well. The entire structure collapsed and hit the floor breaking up a couple of nice acro colonies in the process. So I had to do some last minute aquascaping as a result. So, things are just getting back to normal. Pics to follow.

Speaking of pics.....anyone know how to get a good pic with a point of sale point and shoot camera??

Sir Pat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been wondering how this tank was doing.

Some time, when you are in the neighborhood, I can give you some pointers and show you a few tricks at getting a good point and shoot shot.

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have to take you up on that. Tanks is doing well right now. Just added a red planet, pearlberry, $500 efflo, rainbow ric, and a no name tabling acro. I think I still have your phone number ....ee should get together soon.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
C

creefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still delinquint with pictures....I know we all love them. I'll try to get a few tonight if possible and post them up. I took out some larger rock and moved it to my fuge. I have more tonga curing right now that I"ll be adding soon. That and a bunch of frags from the Cherry Corals live sale!! Super excited about those. Still no luck on ridding the tank of the vermatid snails though. I will NOT have them in my next upgrade.

Back