welcome3.jpg

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I'm Andy. I'm currently a big planted tank enthusiast, taking a look at saltwater.

My current tank is a WaterBox 6025, running an FX6 as the main filter, and an FX4 driving a Cerges-style CO2 reactor, DIY in-line heater and UV filter. I also made DIY jet pipes out of 25mm OD 304 SS tubing. Lighting provided by 2x AI Prime FWs. Plants are typical Amazonian varieties; swords, vals, emergent Hydrocotyle, and some sort of sedge I got a while back.

image1.jpeg IMG_5214.jpg
Welcome to R2R ! COme join the salty side of life, you will not regret it. This is an amazing hobby. Once you get a tank up, running and thru the "ugly phase", it is an extremely rewarding, fun, knowledge building hobby.

BanZI29

Still just a reefer noob!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to our little piece of the reef.
That is an awesome planted tank!!
and now, here come the 2nd half of your watery adventure. A tank like that, but filled with big, swaying, colerful sea life. Can't wait to see what you build.

Welcome!!!
f127426c616cd57d67c79dfda815c596.gif

OP
OP
J

jaskeen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a night time shot. One thing I love about my tank is that it is slowly becoming a true ecosystem. I have actual micro fauna living in my substrate, and snails living in the vegetation at and above waterline. I purposely added soil and pond muck from a nearby pond and stream to a 5 gallon I kept outside all summer. Added pond snails and ostracods, too. Soon it was teeming with life. At various points I’ve sucked up the sediment and mulm at the bottom and injected it into my substrate. Occasionally, I can see tiny little worms against the glass, below the substrate surface. Fish food!

Attachments

• IMG_5496.jpeg
    IMG_5496.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 43

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

I'm Andy. I'm currently a big planted tank enthusiast, taking a look at saltwater.

My current tank is a WaterBox 6025, running an FX6 as the main filter, and an FX4 driving a Cerges-style CO2 reactor, DIY in-line heater and UV filter. I also made DIY jet pipes out of 25mm OD 304 SS tubing. Lighting provided by 2x AI Prime FWs. Plants are typical Amazonian varieties; swords, vals, emergent Hydrocotyle, and some sort of sedge I got a while back.

image1.jpeg IMG_5214.jpg
Omg soooo cool!! Love it!

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.

image1.jpeg IMG_5214.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back