New tank and need lights

wdpckr reefing

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2021
Messages
7
Reaction score
6
Location
Panhandle
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have the new cade mp spectrum system set to be delivered in July/Aug. Going with the 1500 series (102 gal) 59 ″x 19″ x 21″. Trying to figure out what light I should go with and how many. Recommendations please! I keep looking at the kessil a500x, ap9x and ecotech radiom XR30 G5 blue led.
 
I'm 100% a kessil guy.
 
Whichever of those you plan to get, you will need multiple. How many just depends on what you want to grow
 
I've always live halides, so with a big budget in going kessil a500x with some reefbrites or similar. That's as close to t5/halide as you can get with all led. Good shimmer and limited shadows.
 
Did more research and I am ready to buy some lights as my tank is on its way. But I am still unsure of which lights to go with from Kessil. The tank is going to be a mixed reef (softies, lps, sps) w/ lps dominant. What would make the most sense and/or cost-effective?
- a500x (2)
- AP700 (2)
- AP9x (2)

Reading coverage, two lights would be required to cover the tank length.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 29.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new