OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bacteria reproduce rapidly, you may not be ready for fish right away but it wont take long to get there
ok thank you! as i said in my previous replies that ill just move the rock and sand and a lot of the filter media, ghost feed for about a week and do a 25% water change or so and add my 2 fish and corals.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok thank you! as i said in my previous replies that ill just move the rock and sand and a lot of the filter media, ghost feed for about a week and do a 25% water change or so and add my 2 fish and corals.
How old is the sand? May not want to transfer it without rinsing. Doesn't provide much bacteria wise anyway

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adding carbon bio balls anything like that is just going to take away the good bacteria that’s trying to establish in your new rock and cause a continues cycle
Are you saying using bio balls isnt good and will take away bacteria. I am planning a frag tank and have a lot of bio balls since I wont have sand and just have some crushed rock and some of the rock is the purple colored caribe sea so I dont think its very porous! Its not like the marco rock thats very porous

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 53.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.0%
Back