New tank - good or bad algae?

Carlsberg

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2023
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Melbourne
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, hoping not to annoy asking this as I’ve seen similar posts.

My tank is roughly 2 months old so very new and I am learning every day about the cycling and thank this group for so much info.

Is this good ‘algae’ or should I be doing something different?

My levels are great:
KH - 8
Ca - 420
NO3 - 0
PO4 - 0

I have 2 clowns, Coral Beauty and just added a Bicolor Blenny

Thanks so much

CE83CBDE-CAFE-4F38-82E5-829AD42A294C.jpeg 9CBE2E32-EAC5-4374-9603-B4C28A5F27B2.jpeg
 
Hi everyone, hoping not to annoy asking this as I’ve seen similar posts.

My tank is roughly 2 months old so very new and I am learning every day about the cycling and thank this group for so much info.

Is this good ‘algae’ or should I be doing something different?

My levels are great:
KH - 8
Ca - 420
NO3 - 0
PO4 - 0

I have 2 clowns, Coral Beauty and just added a Bicolor Blenny

Thanks so much

CE83CBDE-CAFE-4F38-82E5-829AD42A294C.jpeg 9CBE2E32-EAC5-4374-9603-B4C28A5F27B2.jpeg
O phosphate and 0 nitrates are not great at all
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new