OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to run the ole Red Sea 130. Modded the heck out of the little setup ;Wacky and took it rimless :)

Do you know what kind of setup that your going with this time?

I remember doing quite a bit of modding on that thing as well. The best purchase I ever made was some aftermarket media rack that at the time, could only be bought online via paypal from some guy.

I'm still undecided. Red Sea is obviously an option just because it's familiar. I've been searching through the forums a lot looking at members builds and just reading peoples opinions about different setups. Wanting to check out Elos, IM, and anything I may come across. Really open to opinions, so please share if you have any.

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DWrI2JY.gifv

Man, I'm really having issues attaching a gif.
DWrI2JY.gifv

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
not sure if it's a gif thing or attachment thing, but I have to load pics (jpegs) into my album first using my laptop. i could load them directly from my phone using tap a talk.

I'm trying to link from Imgur. Not sure if imgur is blocked. I tried using the image attachment form and copy pasta'd the link, also tried typing the BB code maually, still no luck.

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to link from Imgur. Not sure if imgur is blocked. I tried using the image attachment form and copy pasta'd the link, also tried typing the BB code maually, still no luck.

i could not find a thread with an answer not was my question answered in the technical forum. how i was able to load pictures from my laptop was to copy them to my laptop first, then select the media menu from the top menu and then My Media. i think i had to create an default album initially. then use the new media function to upload the pics. the pics appear in both the image and the media gallery imbed (camera) icons in the thread menu. the images from my phone using tap a talk don't go into my media , they just load into the thread. go figure. I am not sure which image hosting sites are able to link here.

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i could not find a thread with an answer not was my question answered in the technical forum. how i was able to load pictures from my laptop was to copy them to my laptop first, then select the media menu from the top menu and then My Media. i think i had to create an default album initially. then use the new media function to upload the pics. the pics appear in both the image and the media gallery imbed (camera) icons in the thread menu. the images from my phone using tap a talk don't go into my media , they just load into the thread. go figure. I am not sure which image hosting sites are able to link here.

Yeah someone else mentioned using the upload file option. I just saved it and did that. Easy work around. Thanks!

itisjp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s very common to here this but ask yourself what you really want and can afford, the tank is the cheapest thing you will get, the other stuff is where the cost is. If you modded out the last Red Sea you had just design your own system. Take the plunge and build it the way you want it. Then figure out what it will cost and start working towards that goal. And welcome to R2R

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s very common to here this but ask yourself what you really want and can afford, the tank is the cheapest thing you will get, the other stuff is where the cost is. If you modded out the last Red Sea you had just design your own system. Take the plunge and build it the way you want it. Then figure out what it will cost and start working towards that goal. And welcome to R2R

The 130d seemed very easy to maintain, and I never had any major issues that I couldn't figure out. Or maybe I just got lucky. Either way, I'd like to be in the 90+ gallon range, and I'm reading about equipment I never had to deal with or have any knowledge of. A lot of posts seem a little over my head, so I'm definitely taking my time before I decide an a tank/equipment. Thanks for the advice!

itisjp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
YouTube is a great resource and the 52 weeks on the BRS 160 gallon was a great resource for me. I also watched a ton of tidal gardens, CJ’s reef tank and Mr Saltwater tank. All have great info and good advise.

OP
OP
BobSacamano

BobSacamano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@BobSacamano
Hope your doing well :)

Are you still researching ;Bookworm setups?

Thanks, Freddie

Pretty sure I've settled on going the Red Sea route, just need to settle on what size. The build out has temporarily been put on hold. Instead of moving, the wife and I might be adding onto our house to stay in our area as we've been priced out if we sold and tried to stay.

Back