New to the Forum - Tim

220Gallon-Tim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first forum I have join and I think it's about time. I have had saltwater tanks in the past but tried to do everything myself. I have moved up to a 220 gallon and its mostly fish. I have added a couple of softies to the tank to see how that goes. Not even close to stepping up to SPS. Even though I enjoy the tank my time commitment is shaky for excellent water parameters for SPS to thrive. Yet, I want to get insight into two things at the moment. One is these tiny white tube feather dusters in my tank and two should I invest in an APEX to automate things due to my hectic schedule? I have a Filter Fish but he does not seem to want to eat these little white feather creatures.

See photos of the tank along with white tube feather duster type worms. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Glad to be a part of the forum.

Tim

Tank1.jpg Tank4.jpg Tank3.jpg Tank2.jpg Worms3 close up.jpg Worms2.jpg Worms1.jpg

UCF Alum

Stick addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Tim! Lots of good advise on this forum from people that have been doing this a long time.
As for Apex. If your FOWLR, I would not invest the money in a controller. Once you start getting into the finicky corals, maybe. You can most definitely run a fabulous tank without one. I didn’t get mine until I got into SPS.
BTW, nice tank!

OP
OP

220Gallon-Tim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R we are glad you are here!!!! Those feather duster worms are feather duster worms. They are harmless filter feeders. I don’t know that any fish eat them but they are beneficial and cool hitchhikers imo.
Thanks much! That was a quick reply! Wow! Much appreciated! Looking forward to learning and enjoying the process!!

OP
OP

220Gallon-Tim

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Tim! Lots of good advise on this forum from people that have been doing this a long time.
As for Apex. If your FOWLR, I would not invest the money in a controller. Once you start getting into the finicky corals, maybe. You can most definitely run a fabulous tank without one. I didn’t get mine until I got into SPS.
BTW, nice tank!
Thanks for the insight! Will definitely take my time.

REEFer86

Loving the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the first forum I have join and I think it's about time. I have had saltwater tanks in the past but tried to do everything myself. I have moved up to a 220 gallon and its mostly fish. I have added a couple of softies to the tank to see how that goes. Not even close to stepping up to SPS. Even though I enjoy the tank my time commitment is shaky for excellent water parameters for SPS to thrive. Yet, I want to get insight into two things at the moment. One is these tiny white tube feather dusters in my tank and two should I invest in an APEX to automate things due to my hectic schedule? I have a Filter Fish but he does not seem to want to eat these little white feather creatures.

See photos of the tank along with white tube feather duster type worms. Thanks in advance for any feedback. Glad to be a part of the forum.

Tim

Tank1.jpg Tank4.jpg Tank3.jpg Tank2.jpg Worms3 close up.jpg Worms2.jpg Worms1.jpg
Medusa?

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Tim

Welcome to R2R. You're going to love it here.

Back